Active Topics

Posts: 298 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
Well, i do have the Ogre SDK installed. (Linux desktop)
But i am kinda stuck about Python-Ogre... will i have to manually port it or do i have to find it?
Cuz if i'll have to port it, it would be nice to implement it right into PyQt, then i wouldnt need to worry as much about porting in the future.

Ogre have nothing to do with Qt, so Python-ogre never will be into PyQt :P

In Fact, i dont know if Qt and Ogre can work toghether at all.

Some libraries are known to have incompatibilites with each other,like SDL who overlap functions with Qt and Gtk.

Maybe someone with more experience in the ogre field can help you. Have you searched for "Ogre" in the forums yet?

When speaking of it, i do remember someone making an app for N900 with Ogre, but that was in C++.

There is a version of Ogre for Qt called QtOgre, it adds a widget called QtOgreWidget to the system. But thats just for the C++-version.

Will have a look at Ogre, then.

Building PyOgre atm, but facing quite some problems...
Code:
PythonOgre.BuildModule: INFO     Build Command bjam -j4 release --with-python --with-thread --with-date_time --prefix=/home/havard/development/root/usr 
PythonOgre.BuildModule: WARNING  Task Failed
PythonOgre.BuildModule: INFO     Build Command echo This may take a while -- copying each include file individually!! 
PythonOgre.BuildModule: INFO     Build Command  bjam  install --with-python  --prefix=/home/havard/development/root/usr 
PythonOgre.BuildModule: WARNING  Task Failed
Dang you bjam!

Figured that out, finally.
In the end, i will hopefully have a portable install of Python-Ogre that i can modify for ARM and bake into the engine.

And now i am stuck about ois and ogre itself..

Last edited by Nokia 5700; 2010-09-25 at 09:47.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nokia 5700 For This Useful Post:
Ok, so i figured out that, even though i could make the Python-parts of PythonOgre to ARM, i cant with the other things.
Instead i'll try to use more native modules from Python. Thats where i dont have any idea: whats the name of N900's OpenGL ES python module?
Is there any at all?