Active Topics

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 304 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Milton Keynes, UK
Hi guys,

I know this question has been asked before, but there was no answer and I didn't want to relight an old thread.

Basically since I got my n900 USB speeds have been stuck at 1.1.

This started off as a mild annoyance but has since become a real pain in the butt.

I am sure it is not a hardware issue with either my PC (which works fine with all other devices) nor the n900 (which works occasionally)

The problem is that if I plug my n900 into my pc it always states that it needs to be plugged into a usb 2 port, which it actually is.

I can resolve this issue by rebooting my n900, plugging in the usb cable and then booting up with it attached, after it fully boots it asks me how I want to connect and I chose mass storage...now I have usb 2.0 speeds (so both hardware is working fine)

if I then unplug my usb cable (running at 2.0) and immediately plug it back in, I get the 1.1 speeds again!!!

I have checked the drivers on my windows PC (which I reformatted 2 days ago) and it is using the same drivers for both situations.

I then checked the running processes on the n900 and they are identical during both situations.

Please can somebody recommend some other solutions or possibilities to check?

Cheers
Jamie

Last edited by jamiefuller; 2011-01-22 at 15:54. Reason: solved

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 304 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Milton Keynes, UK
ok I have resolved my problem!

it looks like it was because I was using a slipstreamed version of xp...not sure why it was so flaky but just reinstalled both my pcs with the original xp disc and voila! works everytime now.