Active Topics

Wow, the N5 does look really nice. A bit pricey and the battery life isn't that great...but otherwise really up my alley. Thanks for pointing that out, I'd never heard about it before. Will have to think on it for awhile though to see if I can justify the expense.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by dylanemcgregor View Post
Wow, the N5 does look really nice. A bit pricey and the battery life isn't that great...but otherwise really up my alley. Thanks for pointing that out, I'd never heard about it before. Will have to think on it for awhile though to see if I can justify the expense.

14 ounces
isn't what I would call "pocketable" -- but you may have a different standard.

I have to say the Archos 43 (and maybe the Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi) looks like a likely replacement for my N800.

If anyone has experience with the Archos 43, I'd love to hear from you. The Amazon reviews make it sound pretty appealing. I like the sound of faster browsing, a slightly larger screen, and the nifty loss of more than 70 grams. Apparently you can add an app that gives you access to Android Marketplace and you can pair a GPS receiver with it. Lookin' good to me (though I just might keep waiting ... more good things coming in droves I believe.)

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ New Jersey, USA
I just saw another potential N900 replacement... the "W3":

The Magic W3: the mini-PC with phone capabilities that's not a smartphone

No word on pricing or availability yet, but it runs an Atom processor, 32GB storage, 4.8" screen, camera, wifi, bluetooth, 3g, hdmi... the works. Plus it makes phone calls!

It comes installed with Windows 7 on it. The only issue I see is that there is Windows software for making calls, but I don't know if a Linux equivalent exists.