Originally Posted by metawishmaster View Post
This may be not be what you need, but it can deal with smart cards:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=77443
CCID compliant RFID readers are rare. Most of them are closed sourced, and offer drivers for i386 and X64 architectures.

Which smart card reader did you use?

I have a "ruToken ECP", but all card from http://www.opensc-project.org/opensc...portedHardware should work as well. But it necessary to edit /usr/lib/cryptmenu/format-card.rules suitably for your card

I have a "ruToken ECP", but all card from http://www.opensc-project.org/opensc...portedHardware should work as well.
Now I get it, it is a contact based ccid compliant SAM reader.

But it necessary to edit /usr/lib/cryptmenu/format-card.rules suitably for your card
You mean to make it aware of my card's ATR.

Originally Posted by momcilo View Post
Now I get it, it is a contact based ccid compliant SAM reader.
I don't know then...

Originally Posted by momcilo View Post
You mean to make it aware of my card's ATR.
well, an example from opensc-project.org, how to format ruToken ECP cards:
sh$ pkcs15-init --erase-card
sh$ pkcs15-init --create-pkcs15 --so-pin "12345678" --so-puk ""
sh$ pkcs15-init --store-pin --label "User PIN" --auth-id 02 --pin "12345678" --puk "" --so-pin "12345678" --finalize

as you can see ther is no ATR in these commands.. But it could be a card-specific

I don't know then...
It has a SIM-sized smart card inserted. That sort of configuration is usually called SAM (Security Access Module).
Depending on your SAM module, you may be able to remove the "SIM" card from the reader and insert other, but some SAM modules are sealed.

well, an example from opensc-project.org, how to format ruToken ECP cards:
sh$ pkcs15-init --erase-card
sh$ pkcs15-init --create-pkcs15 --so-pin "12345678" --so-puk ""
sh$ pkcs15-init --store-pin --label "User PIN" --auth-id 02 --pin "12345678" --puk "" --so-pin "12345678" --finalize
as you can see ther is no ATR in these commands.. But it could be a card-specific
It is usual for smart card middle-ware too determine the card type based on ATR it receives once it connects to the smart card. Other approaches include selecting applet AID.

There is a class of products from companies like G&D, Gemalto..., which provides microSD + smart card in the same package. That would allow you not to carry the usb SAM.

Nokia did support that for some symbian devices (e.g. n97).

Personally I would prefer completely separate contact less smart card. That's why I was interested, since I though you reader is contactless.

Last edited by momcilo; 2011-09-22 at 11:45.