Active Topics

Hi,

This started happening when I installed webos manager and tried to install a game. The game partially installed and rebooted my N900. When I tried to delete the game folder that it partially installed, the message "read-only file" comes up and I cannot delete it.

I investigated a little further and noticed I cannot move anything around. When I try to move files, the "unable to move this file" error message pops up. I searched the forums and found out that someone had the same problem and fixed it, however I do not understand what he did or how he did it.

The solution is here:

http://maemo.org/community/maemo-use...emory_problem/

Can someone help me?

Thank you.

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by ShaolinMilk View Post
Hi,

This started happening when I installed webos manager and tried to install a game. The game partially installed and rebooted my N900. When I tried to delete the game folder that it partially installed, the message "read-only file" comes up and I cannot delete it.

I investigated a little further and noticed I cannot move anything around. When I try to move files, the "unable to move this file" error message pops up. I searched the forums and found out that someone had the same problem and fixed it, however I do not understand what he did or how he did it.

The solution is here:

http://maemo.org/community/maemo-use...emory_problem/

Can someone help me?

Thank you.
I had this exact same problem. I was trying to install DRIVER when my n900 crashed. My MyDocs also became read only. Thanks to the gurus from this thread, I got it fixed. Here's what I did:

open xterminal

type:

Code:
cd /
sudo gainroot
cd /
umount /dev/mmcblk0p1
fsck -af /dev/mmcblk0p1
mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /home/user/MyDocs

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Hey,

This seemed to fix the problem. Thanks a lot!