Active Topics

Hey guys, here is my issue:

-I was transferring three folders from my memory card to MyDocs using Filebox (total around 200mb), as it was almost done, suddenly Filebox freezes and my N900 reboots

-Checking those folders, one transferred successfully but the other two are now full of weird files named with weird symbols and letters, and some files have ridiculous sizes like 65 gb. and I cannot delete those files (or any other, everything is now in read-only mode)

thanks in advance!

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany, near Hamburg
I once lost access to my eMMC completely and the only thing that worked was a reflash including eMMC.

The Following User Says Thank You to CutterSlade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Try to check the file system first. You need rootsh from extras repository installed to get root rights
Code:
sudo gainroot
umount /dev/mmcblk0p1
fsck -af /dev/mmcblk0p1
mount /dev/mmcblk0p1
You should have write access afterwards: Check if there are still corrupted files and delete them. Later copy the folders again.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
Try to check the file system first. You need rootsh from extras repository installed to get root rights
Code:
sudo gainroot
umount /dev/mmcblk0p1
fsck -af /dev/mmcblk0p1
mount /dev/mmcblk0p1
You should have write access afterwards: Check if there are still corrupted files and delete them. Later copy the folders again.

That solved it well

The first time around took about 1 hour to fix those errors, after that I had write access, deleted one folder no problem but the second one still had one of those errors that couldn't be deleted.
So followed your instructions again, it took about two more goes to get rid of that corrupted file for good.

Appreciate your help, thank you!

The Following User Says Thank You to lonk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 25 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Xi'an, China
it said :'no such file or direct ory' after i enter 'umount /dev/mmcblk0p1'.can you help me

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
if there are no typos in your command, like missing space between umount and /dev/mmcblk0p1 or wrong device (should be em-em-ce-be-el-kay-zero-pi-one).
No problem: The device is just not mounted, because of the file-system corruption.