Active Topics

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Have noticed that in active state, the highest consumer of battery power is by far the MeeGo system (according to battery monitor). Can anyone clarify exactly what this is? Seems a little high considering I can browse for 45 mins and have the browser only use 12%, whilst the MeeGo system hogs 40%...

Originally Posted by joeymc View Post
Have noticed that in active state, the highest consumer of battery power is by far the MeeGo system (according to battery monitor). Can anyone clarify exactly what this is? Seems a little high considering I can browse for 45 mins and have the browser only use 12%, whilst the MeeGo system hogs 40%...
I think in MeeGo system all the display and wireless radio usage (especially the DSP processing in the background for these) is included and therefore it is only logical that MeeGo system has the highest percentage of battery use when using the phone actively...

Last weekend I used Navigation for 2 hours and also MeeGo system had the highest battery usage, so I think all the hardware is managed by this.

MeeGo is the operatimg system for the phone that displays things on the screen, sends packets of data over through WiFi and data connections, captures your inputs, displays the clock, and schedules the million other things that happen to make your phone work. Think of it as N9 "Windows“ (if you must) or "OSX Snow Leopard".