Active Topics

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by willi6868 View Post
I'am looking for a new headset for my new Jolla but I don't know which Headset is fully compatible..

So i assume that any Headset which is compatible with Lumia 610/ 800/ 820/ 900/ 920 will also work on Jolla?!
The question is: will also the Volume keys of some Headsets be functional?

Do you think the Nokia WH-920 Purity Stereo Headset by Monster will be fully functional with Jolla?

Edit: Any suggestions for a good headset?
I heard latest lumia have a switch to accept both OMTP and AHJ. So I rather would test with an old N900 compatible Nokia headset and a AHJ headset aka apple headset. Then you know which "standards" jolla supports. Or you simply look up in schematics or technical device specs of jolla... oooops :-S

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...HJ#post1407054

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2014-01-23 at 22:24.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Am I the only one who is noticing that the Nokia N9 wallcharger is getting very hot by charging Jolla? The charger is getting so hot that Jolla is reconnecting and 'losing' the connection after some time...

Didn't try the original Jolla wallcharger yet...

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by willi6868 View Post
Am I the only one who is noticing that the Nokia N9 wallcharger is getting very hot by charging Jolla? The charger is getting so hot that Jolla is reconnecting and 'losing' the connection after some time...

Didn't try the original Jolla wallcharger yet...
It doesn't do this for me. And I often use the N9 charger for the Jolla.
Are you using the original USB cable from the N9 with it?

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
It doesn't do this for me. And I often use the N9 charger for the Jolla.
Are you using the original USB cable from the N9 with it?
Yea, I do.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Oulu, Finland
I use the Sennheiser MM 70s in-ear headset with Jolla, mostly for listening to music, but microphone also works OK. Most pleasant surprise was the lack of background hiss. For example with Nokia E71 there was a lot of hiss with 16 ohm (impedance) headphones, but for Jolla they seem to be a great match. Jolla's headphone jack feels quite sturdy just like the microUSB port. Even if I turn the audio plug, it doesn't cause any interference.

On headphones' sound quality I agree with PCmag's review. The weak point of the product is the flimsy volume slider. Accessories include 6 pairs of different ear sleeves and a nice pouch with a clever opening mechanism. Cable length from the plug is 1.0 m to the left side bud and 1.3 m to the right side, for a tall person it might be too short.

A wired headset's button doesn't work in Jolla, but pressing the button does create kernel messages (dmesg), so maybe in the future functionality could be added to Sailfish. On some phones you can also skip tracks in media player by pressing the button twice, that would be a nice feature to have.

The Following User Says Thank You to hana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
@hana do you have used this Headset with the N9?
Can you manage all the functions, also jump for and back in Music?

Thanks

Chilango

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Oulu, Finland
@chilango I don't have the N9. The MM 70s package includes an adapter cable for Nokia. On the compatibility site the closest thing tested is N900 and with that the button is said to work for taking calls.

By the way, here's what gets printed in Jolla's dmesg when I press the button:
Code:
[snd]sitar_dce_handler: meas(0) - dce(-849), mv(-17), button(0)
[snd]sitar_dce_handler: meas(1) - bias_value_dce(-849), bias_mv_dce(-17), button(0)

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by hana View Post
A wired headset's button doesn't work in Jolla, but pressing the button does create kernel messages (dmesg), so maybe in the future functionality could be added to Sailfish...
Support for wired headset buttons call handling comes in next update according to Jolla roadmap. So stay tuned

The Following User Says Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Homemade raspberry pi bluetooth to dac works fine

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Sennheiser MM100 bluetooth headset now works, including microphone and stop-start button in call application.