Active Topics

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Guys, sorry for the trouble, I will issue a new -thumb update ASAP (probably tomorrow evening) that reverts to stock fmtxd. I guess merlin1991 will do the same for -testing. If FMTX is not critical for you for a day or 2, please do not install additional SW (like fmtx-faker) on your devices.

It turned out there is x86 fmtxd binary, so I am starting to RE it. That way we'll have all those frequency/region/power level hacks properly integrated in CSSU fmtxd. Once I am done

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Guys, sorry for the trouble, I will issue a new -thumb update ASAP (probably tomorrow evening) that reverts to stock fmtxd. I guess merlin1991 will do the same for -testing. If FMTX is not critical for you for a day or 2, please do not install additional SW (like fmtx-faker) on your devices.

It turned out there is x86 fmtxd binary, so I am starting to RE it. That way we'll have all those frequency/region/power level hacks properly integrated in CSSU fmtxd. Once I am done
Okay, so just as a clarification, once the new thunb update comes out, should we remove fmtx-faker or does it matter?

Thanks,
--vr

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Oout of curiosity, how does it relate to jacekowski's fmtx binary? Wasn't it reverse-engineered already, and you could use (part of?) his work?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Just a wild guess, completely unfounded. The update reset something to zero. That zero is interpreted as the lowest frequency possible, i.e. 76 MHz. The US CAL/firmware cannot handle it, not even to change the frequency. The other firmwares can and can recover from it. Just a wild guess.

Last edited by pichlo; 2013-12-31 at 19:58. Reason: To clear any confusion, this is not a reply to Estel, just my general, unrelated and disjointed ramblings.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
mr_pingu
Even I do not have this problem (not being on cssu) I wonder about cal-tool usage.
Mine also claims -G is not a valid option. And --help provides same output as pichlo's.
I have version 0.81-7+0m5 of initrd-progs...

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
mr_pingu
Even I do not have this problem (not being on cssu) I wonder about cal-tool usage.
Mine also claims -G is not a valid option. And --help provides same output as pichlo's.
I have version 0.81-7+0m5 of initrd-progs...
I have version 1.0-2, I think you must have CSSU to have 1.0-2, luckily only CSSU users are affected by this bug
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

The Following User Says Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Today I did update my cssu testing version. I got the same problem, my FMTX dont work. before working fine... Here is my osso info:

$ osso-product-info
OSSO_PRODUCT_HARDWARE='RX-51'
OSSO_PRODUCT_NAME='N900'
OSSO_PRODUCT_FULL_NAME='Nokia N900'
OSSO_PRODUCT_RELEASE_NAME='Maemo 5'
OSSO_PRODUCT_RELEASE_FULL_NAME='Maemo 5'
OSSO_PRODUCT_RELEASE_VERSION='21.2011.38-1'
OSSO_PRODUCT_WLAN_CHANNEL='fcc/us'
OSSO_PRODUCT_KEYBOARD='English, Dutch'
OSSO_PRODUCT_REGION='Britain'
OSSO_PRODUCT_SHORT_NAME='Nokia N900'
OSSO_VERSION='RX-51_2009SE_21.2011.38-1_PR_MR0'

The Following User Says Thank You to mailcomx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Interesting, you have a british device and still got problems. Can you upload the output of the CAL tool, instructions described at post #12 of this thread. Thanks
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

Hello, I have reviewed and mysteriously working again and without problems! only reboot device ... maybe it's hardware problems. I did nothing more, My cssu version is 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo9 (28.12.2013) . Thanks anyway and happy new year 2014. Cheers!

The Following User Says Thank You to mailcomx For This Useful Post: