Active Topics

Originally Posted by delmar View Post
Agree, but in my country (like mostly in Europe I guess) there are not much people with a 2 year contract, because we buy the phone contract-free, except i-phone users with all-inclusive packages.
Doesn't matter.
A phone is an object most people have for many years, like a laptop/pc.

Most people upgrade about every 4 years, ofcourse this is offset due to the majority of people compromising the lower-class. And then there's a big number of people in countries with 2 year contracts.

Its a very small figure for those that change yearly, or even 6-monthly.

This poses a problem today.
People either need to buy phones with removable batteries, or they need to buy phones more often. I can't remember how many battery's I replaced for my old Nokia device, and now, these new devices go through charge cycles much much much more rapidly.

And that's exactly what's happened and happening.
More people buy Samsung than Apple, HTC, SONY etc etc because of its removable battery. And in the same time, less people are buying Samsung because even better phones are becoming available to them for cheaper, so people are buying more phones more often.

Its basically the shift from feature-phones into smart-phones.
Everyone (especially Nokia and Microsoft) was hit hard from this quick transition it except for Apple, Google, and Samsung.

I'm flattered