Active Topics

Hello,
I used to have N95 and i use ovi maps allot
i have 2 questions regarding ovi maps on N900
1- how to save a favorite place (i'm in place and need to save it's location as POI)
2- how to add old favorite POis in the N900

thank you

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Toulouse, France
yeahp i'd like to know that too !

Is there a way to define a "home" adress, and a quick way to set a route that "returns you home" ?

thanks

it's not implemented yet. my best bet is that it's going to come with the next PR1.2 update.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by waelaase View Post
1- how to save a favorite place (i'm in place and need to save it's location as POI)...
Just for you, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...014#post565014

bun

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Another way to save adress favourites is to use the adress field in Contacts. E.g. I have added my home adress to my own Contact entry.

Whenever I click on the adress field in my Contact info Ovi Maps finds and shows my home adress and I can choose to have Ovi Maps route me home.

Since you can have multiple adresses in a Contact so you can also use this method for planning trips. E.g. create a new contact called Summer Trip and then just add all the adresses you plan to visit during the trip. It is then easy to get routing to those places by just opening your Summer Trip contact

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to generationally For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by generationally View Post
Another way to save adress favourites is to use the adress field in Contacts. E.g. I have added my home adress to my own Contact entry.

Whenever I click on the adress field in my Contact info Ovi Maps finds and shows my home adress and I can choose to have Ovi Maps route me home.

Since you can have multiple adresses in a Contact so you can also use this method for planning trips. E.g. create a new contact called Summer Trip and then just add all the adresses you plan to visit during the trip. It is then easy to get routing to those places by just opening your Summer Trip contact
What OS version are you using. This doesn't work for me. My addresses in my contacts aren't clickable?

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
There is an ovi map icon next to the address, but mine is NOT clickable either

bun

anyone got this worked out on the n900 yet? does ovi maps for n900 have 'save favorite as home' or something?

edit: ok i see you can add addresses in contacts. when i click it takes me to the map. great. now how do you get a route from where you are to the destination?

Last edited by gurpal2000; 2010-06-01 at 17:59.

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Castle Rock, CO. USA
I see a little tip at the bottom of the screen sometimes that says "to save a waypoint click the +" but I never see a +

Love it

OK i think i got it now!