Active Topics

Read probably all the battery drain threads and been messing with my N900 for days only to find that Powertop still reports high C2 and C3 usage even on a clean reflash.

This is after flashing both rootfs (UK) and latest eMMC, installing only Powertop, taking out battery & SIM, disconnecting from Wifi & USB and waiting 5 mins.

I can install the Maemo update from 1.3 but I was getting the same numbers with my full backup.

Also can't redirect output to a file for some reason so have to cut & paste.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Powertop.txt (3.4 KB, 112 views)

Last edited by _David_; 2012-01-05 at 05:07.

Anyone got an idea what's causing this? The GPS doesn't seem to work either if that's any help.

What an odd one. The powertop output looks rather funny. I do not understand your point about updating to 1.3. When you perform a full re-flash you should be re-flashing to the 1.3 firmware version.

Just to rule out ANY possibility of a hardware issue can you:

1. Remove the memory card & SIM card.
2. Perform a COMPLETE reflash, emmc AND rootfs.
3. Install powertop only.
4. Do the 'procedure' (offline mode, switch off, pull battery, power on again, wait 5 minutes then post the powertop results)

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
I face almost the same situ now, running it for 5 mins in offline mode, results in 87% in c0 13% c4, no much of c2 or c3. this is after a complete reflash (rootfs+emmc), only conky was installed but not running. No abnormal cpu usage.

Is it normal that power to says that it ran for 30 mins when no time is defined, but if we define a time it'll add it to 30mins. eg 30 + 300 secs.

Any thoughts vi_?

Last edited by nkirk; 2012-01-22 at 13:45.

Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
What an odd one. The powertop output looks rather funny. I do not understand your point about updating to 1.3. When you perform a full re-flash you should be re-flashing to the 1.3 firmware version.
Yeah I now think it's the 1.31 update. This is with 1.3, no update. 1.31 isn't any different though.

Just to rule out ANY possibility of a hardware issue can you:

1. Remove the memory card & SIM card.
2. Perform a COMPLETE reflash, emmc AND rootfs.
3. Install powertop only.
4. Do the 'procedure' (offline mode, switch off, pull battery, power on again, wait 5 minutes then post the powertop results)
Voila. Only difference from what I did before is left the SIM card out whlist flashing.

Tested without rootsh, no difference.

One interesting thing, IRQs seem to go up from 1000 around 5 mins to 1300 soon after.

I've never seen DSS below 73%. Not sure if I need to SSH for that.

The good news is GPS works. Only other bug I've noticed is tracker registers two entries for every song.

@nkirk - why do you think vi_'s suggestion would be any different for you? Take out the SIM, reflash etc.
Attached Files
File Type: txt powertop13.txt (3.7 KB, 79 views)

Last edited by _David_; 2012-01-23 at 08:24.