Active Topics

wonder if someone can help me with my N9,

in short: it does not boot, reflashing does not work, but I can get access to rootfs, user data and application disks.

long version:
my N9 suddenly went into powerdown and reset, and won't boot anymore: it gets stuck on the 'nokia' logo, not progressing (tried leaving it overnight). I figured out I might have to reflash. I followed instructions, and reflashing proceeds all the phases (cert-sw, cmt-2nd etc), but fails the rootfs, flasher output ending in:

Fetching error list:
========================================
bb5_rdc_cert_read failed
bb5_rdc_cert_read failed
bb5_rdc_cert_read failed
bb5_rdc_cert_read failed
bb5_rdc_cert_read failed
bb5_rdc_cert_read failed
mmc: handle_buffer failed in lzo decompress (-1)
[Pipe 5] Finishing in error state with status 1
========================================

"mmc:.." line might also mention something about sfdisk or other errors (it varies between different tries) - cold flash doesn't start at all

next I tried to start rescue system and access the disks with
/flasher --load
-k vmlinuz-2.6.32.20112201-11.2-adaptation-n950-bootloader -n initrd.img-rescue2.6.32.20112201-11.2-n950 --boot
this most of the time works (but often I get input/output errors)...at least I managed to copy all data over! (don't know if there is anything else I can do with the rescue system?)

Question: is there anything I can do to get the N9 working??

Last edited by fip; 2012-10-28 at 11:03.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
can you try doing flasher -i and checking whats the state of your battery level?

IMO it could be a flash memory fail but I'm not too sure...

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
can you try doing flasher -i and checking whats the state of your battery level?

IMO it could be a flash memory fail but I'm not too sure...
flasher -i for me does not report the battery level - but while flashing it reports e.g.:
Battery level 75 %, continuing
(also, charging works)

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ german (cologne)
best to just use the one click flasher , then it automatically , just search under my name is in the directory .

The OP has the error output already so regardless of using 1-click or 1000-click flasher the end result would be the same...

fip, have you checked that your rootfs+emmc.bin files are not corrupted? Have you tried re-downloading them and attempting the flash...If it still fails I think you'll need to take it to Nokia Care as it maybe a flash memory problem...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
The OP has the error output already so regardless of using 1-click or 1000-click flasher the end result would be the same...

fip, have you checked that your rootfs+emmc.bin files are not corrupted? Have you tried re-downloading them and attempting the flash...If it still fails I think you'll need to take it to Nokia Care as it maybe a flash memory problem...
are the md5sums of the files somewhere? (I have tried downloading few times and also different files)

I am afraid it might be some form of flash memory problem too, since the rescue system boots, but actually reading the filesystems after they mount seems unreliable (although like I mention above it was at some point stable enough to copy everything off the disks....)

Last edited by fip; 2012-10-28 at 12:00.

I'm not aware of where the md5sums are located...I don't think they are public...

Though your symptoms just confirm its most probably a flash memory failure and you'll have to send it in for repair ...Hopefully they repair and send it back soon...

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
PR1.3 001 hashes:

CRC32: 8C9EA3A3
MD5: 53FCEFC0033875661C19160E16999B3E
SHA-1: 12E1793A88D5BA971F820208F0FB4DBCE8329ECC

Your device sounds like one of the N9s with sketchy flash memory though. It should still be in warranty, and you should get it checked out.

I'm not aware of where the md5sums are located...I don't think they are public...

Though your symptoms just confirm its most probably a flash memory failure and you'll have to send it in for repair ...Hopefully they repair and send it back soon...

...thanks anyway..

Originally Posted by carlosecpf View Post
since version 9.3.4, it is not prompting the root password, so I cannot apply some tweaks successfuly. How can I regain root access on N9QTweak? I have the 9.3.7 version installed and Developer Mode is On.
please help me!!
you are in the wrong thread! Anyway it already opens with root access so uninstall n9qtweak from your device and then reinstall it from the link in the first post of the thread... Don't install it from appsformeego as that has an issue...