This is my first day of using an N800 (I love it so far, btw) and experience has taught me that the first thing I should always do with any new mobile device is find a case for it. This time I already had one handy - it's a a tough zip up case Berghaus make to protect digital cameras and GPS units for climbers and hikers.

The 800 is a good fit length and width ways, and there might just be enough space left thicknessways to fit in a folding bluetooth keyboard, although you'd probably want to have your N800 scratch proofed with something like InvisibleShield, because it be a tight fit and there are no straps inside the case.

The case has reasonable rigid crush protection (although it's nothing like a crush proof as an Otterbox), it's fairly rainproof and gets more so when you use the pullout rain cover, and it attaches to a belt. It doesn't weigh much.

InvisibleShield looks very useful, btw - it's a sort of super scratch protector that covers the whole device, more or less invisibly. Its supposed to use a form of self-repairing plastic, so that you don't have an irritating building of scratches over the screen, and so that weak spots don't accumulate - unlike a normal protector or skin you fit once for the lifetime of the machine. YouTube is full of videos showing 'Shielded IPods fending off attacks by keys and bagfuls of coins, if anyone is interested. Mine's still on the way from the US (I'm in the UK) so I don't know if it really works yet.

If the B'hs case doesn't work well with a Stowaway keyboard, then I might try one of a Maxpedition "Barnacle" case that I've seen on line - it has a divider - or I'll just buy a Case Logic hard drive case like the one everybody else uses.

Now to install emacs, Ruby, and an RPN calc app...