Active Topics

i seem to have lost EVERYTHING in my N9...messages, contacts, gallery, etc. i don't really care about any of the messages, but the contacts are really what i need to salvage. i was able to plug my phone into my computer and backup images to my hard drive, and i do see them in filebox on the phone...there's just no sight of them in gallery. what has happened and how can i fix it??? i'm no programmer, so i apologize in advance for my needing help...PLEASE someone help me! i'll be forever grateful!

Last edited by lilise22; 2013-04-15 at 01:27.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Did you do anything specific before you lost the content, meaning install some applications, remove some applications, apply some tweaks?

Didi you try to power off / power on the device, did it make any difference?

Have you made any backups of the device content?

i have done nothing to the phone as far as installs/flashing/etc. I'm even more stupid for not creating a backup of my contacts! attempted to reboot several times with no success. if you know of any way to get my contacts back please let me know...

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Due to the fact that you have lost both gallery and contacts I think it might be some tracker problem.

As you noted, the pictures are still there, so it's only the gallery indexes that have broken.
The contacts and messages on the other hand, do not exist as separate files but only as entries in the tracker databases.

So it's possible that if you get tracker working, it will show up your picures correctly and also your contacts and messages will come back.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 29 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Australia Maaaaaaaaate
Had the exact same problem on my N9.I resolved my issues using the technique that utilized `gallerybugx`.Im no coder,just a dumb *** corrosion engineer,and if I can follow instructions,anyone can.. Just check TMO for other threads regarding this issue.Dont panic too much,its a well known bug

trying so hard not to stress about it lol...and not lose hope either! how do i go about fixing it if i can't seem to get gallerybugx to install in the first place? oh and my outputs seem to be unchanged. they look exactly like the ones people have posted that have properly functioning N9's.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Australia Maaaaaaaaate
lilise22 .I can only speak from my own personal experience,and not being a coder,I rely on others far more skilled than me.All I can say is to carefully read the other gallery or tracker threads,which there are many active ones,and write appropriate questions there.Or just play...the worst you can do is be forced to flash.But have you tried load and reloading mp3,photos,etc via mass storage mode ? That really seems to be the first step you should be taking and generally seems to set everything straight.