Active Topics

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Hi,

I wish to make a OS2008 install on my MMC that has only security tools. I don't want to clone my existing install as I believe a lot of space will be wasted. My idea is this:

I create the 2nd ext2 partition on my MMC as normal and on my computer, mount the rootfs.jffs2 image and copy the contents of it as root onto my new mmc partition.

Would that work?

Thanks.

Also, when I create that partition, how do I get the N800 to mount that partition over usb so I can copy the files onto it? Bearing in mind, I will be doing this from internal flash.

Last edited by qwerty12; 2008-03-30 at 11:51.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
I got everything mounted BUT when I try copying stuff from the jffs2 image, I get i/o errors.

Ubuntu 7.10 i686
2.6.22-14-generic

Any help please?

cp: reading `/media/jffs2/home/user/.osso_rss_feed_reader/cache/feeds/stgtyat': Input/output error

Last edited by qwerty12; 2008-03-30 at 15:50.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
I create the 2nd ext2 partition on my MMC as normal and on my computer, mount the rootfs.jffs2 image and copy the contents of it as root onto my new mmc partition.

Would that work?
Yes. If not then post how you mounted the image.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

I followed both methods on the maemo wiki page of modifiying the rootfs. The 2nd method was less successful but the 1st method mounted it properly.

I'm not so bothered now as I went and reflashed flash and cloned that but I did get I/O Errors with tar, copy , nautillus etc with the OS2008 image. The OS2007 image worked fine though.