Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ San Diego, Ca
I just bought my N900 a couple weeks ago second hand. I really enjoy it especially from having the disappointment of the Nexus S being my first smartphone. I decided that i wanted to start fresh with the phone this weekend and reflashed it. I have been experiencing no problems at all until i opened the camera application. Once an image is captured, I am shown a preview, but when I click the "images" buttom... a yellow banner is displayed saying "Unable to open. File format not supported." The image is not shown and is not anywhere to be found in the phone's files. Not in the images folder or the camera folder. This is when the phone saves the camera's images in "Internal Storage" under General Settings. I have tried chaning that setting to Root Volume" (I have no idea what that means), but once i press the shutter button a yellow banner pops up and says "Memory Full. Unable to save content.". And the camera crashes when video is taken. Once the shutter button is pressed, there is a quick double click sound and the screen freezes, forcing me to "Ctrl + Backspace" and exit the camera application.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Antwerp Belgium
Do you still see the folder DCIM in your MyDocs.
The update creates a .camera folder but pics taken from the camera wont be saved there, if you don't find the DCIM folder, add it manualy and try again to take a picture.
surfing the web, navigate, chat, ttweet, email, scan, hack, share, tweak...
.....................and you can also use him to make a call

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Did you flash both eMMC and firmware? If you only flashed firmware try flashing again and flash both of them this time.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ San Diego, Ca
peter2p... THANKS A TON. I can't believe it was that simple.

I had this problem but found I already had a DCIM folder.

My fix was to go into the Camera UI and click on the icon in the bottom left hand side (the one that looks like a SD card), up comes a option to select a different storage location, I chose internal storage whereas it was root volume and it now works