Active Topics

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Netherlands
I remember back in my symbian 3rd days, I had a trial application (can't recall which app) to show my symbian screen on my pc desktop (windows) through USB connection.
The one I found for symbian as an example is from Digia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ_Qvr5o-Wg

I know about the VNC app, but I specifically want to use it through USB with my 3G connection, to avoid public server logging and not to keep picking up my phone when i'm desktopping.

Is there an app that can enable this on the N9, preferably for Windows?
Or can someone start this developement?

Last edited by Micha; 2012-02-08 at 22:25. Reason: No longer requested

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Originally Posted by Micha View Post
I specifically want to use it through USB with my 3G connection?
.....huh?

So do you want to share your phone's screen to your PC via USB, or via 3G. I don't understand using it "through USB with my 3G connection".

Maybe it's just too early and I'm too thick, but can you explain this again?

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
x11vnc should do what you want

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
.....huh?

So do you want to share your phone's screen to your PC via USB, or via 3G. I don't understand using it "through USB with my 3G connection".

Maybe it's just too early and I'm too thick, but can you explain this again?
The op wants to use their 3g connection to access the internet on the n9, but wants to have a vnc session through the usb connection so they can control the n9 through the PC.

The Following User Says Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
At least with developer mode, the USB cable can be used for a network connection with the PC. Then you can run VNC over this connection, either with Nokia's Netview from the store, or via the SDK Connection tool in developer mode, which supports VNC out of the box.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
At least with developer mode, the USB cable can be used for a network connection with the PC. Then you can run VNC over this connection, either with Nokia's Netview from the store, or via the SDK Connection tool in developer mode, which supports VNC out of the box.
Thanks, I got it working!!!

I didn't want to install QT SDK as i'm not a developer, and the only thing I needed from the SDK were the RNDIS Ethernet drivers for a USB connection.

I downloaded the driver for the Nokia N770 from here:
http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...64_support.zip

The screen is lagging, and I can't activate the swipe with my mouse pointer, but it's a beginning.

If someone can post the RNDIS Ethernet driver.inf for the N9, I can try that one out.

The Following User Says Thank You to Micha For This Useful Post:
What I want is very similar to this.
I would like to have something like mirror display of Nokia N9 on my computer. A fully functional, I would like to just mirror the display to pc and be able to use the whole phone thru pc utilizing USB cable.

Exactly like this:
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Displ...C-104756.shtml

Last edited by somedude; 2012-02-08 at 21:24.

Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Micha View Post
The screen is lagging, and I can't activate the swipe with my mouse pointer, but it's a beginning.
Use Nokia NetView from the Store - that supports swipe if you make the VNC window bigger. The one built into the SDK thing doesn't for whatever reason.

I'd also suggest trying the newer drivers in the QT SDK - you can do a really minimal install with just the editor and the drivers. Then if you're desperate to uninstall, take a copy of the driver installer out of the SDK dir, uninstall the SDK and reinstall the driver again. May not change anything though, but worth a try.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vitaminj View Post
Use Nokia NetView from the Store - that supports swipe if you make the VNC window bigger. The one built into the SDK thing doesn't for whatever reason.

I'd also suggest trying the newer drivers in the QT SDK - you can do a really minimal install with just the editor and the drivers. Then if you're desperate to uninstall, take a copy of the driver installer out of the SDK dir, uninstall the SDK and reinstall the driver again. May not change anything though, but worth a try.
Thanks for the tip!

I only needed to select the Maemo usb driver options from the installation. Total of 150MB
I guess I could have left out the repositories as well from the installation.

But indeed the drivers can be extracted from the folder.

Swiping is indeed enabled and internetbrowsing link selection works good with Netview, still a bit laggy scrolling experience, but far better user experience than using SDK.

The Following User Says Thank You to Micha For This Useful Post: