Active Topics

When an incoming call comes in, you will see the phone number if the person is not in your contacts..

A nifty enhacement would be to use in-built wildcard rules to show more info about the caller. Eg in-built rules for USA

Show extra info:
415* => San Francisco, CA
415444* => Richmond, San Francisco, CA

Last edited by chemist; 2010-01-12 at 01:01. Reason: Title Change

The Following User Says Thank You to bugelrex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by bugelrex View Post
When an incoming call comes in, you will see the phone number if the person is not in your contacts..

A nifty enhacement would be to use in-built wildcard rules to show more info about the caller. Eg in-built rules for USA

Show extra info:
415* => San Francisco, CA
415444* => Richmond, San Francisco, CA
It wouldn't work in the UK for cellphone numbers and would require regular updates for STD codes too.

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
My Siemens Gigaset does lookup numbers with klickTel (for Germany) and other online provider of phonebooks.

Please create a brainstorm item and link it to your starting post.

Read through my signature for a start.

It would not give useful information in US either, as people keep the same cell phone number and move around. I have a friend for example whose phone number starts with 415 (San Francisco) but that person lives in Palo Alto (should really have a 650 phone number).

Hartti

Oh yes, when you do a google search with 415 444, you will get some locations back
http://www.google.com/search?q=415+444
but as I said above, this information is misleading (you have no way knowing if that information is valid or not for a specific phone number)

Hartti

Guys, please create a brainstorm and post the link here.
It's up to you if you want this function or not.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bec For This Useful Post: