Active Topics

I had problems with Nokia Map Loader so I read somewhere that Ovi Maps will recreate these files if you delete them. So I did and no matter what I tried, it just doesn't create them.

I created an empty .qf and qf file, the cities folder and diskcache subfolder by hand. I also removed the SD card! No luck.

Every time Ovi Maps starts, it downloads the map file (it can't keep them).

So.. What can I try except reflashing?

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by giannoug View Post
I had problems with Nokia Map Loader so I read somewhere that Ovi Maps will recreate these files if you delete them. So I did and no matter what I tried, it just doesn't create them.

I created an empty .qf and qf file, the cities folder and diskcache subfolder by hand. I also removed the SD card! No luck.

Every time Ovi Maps starts, it downloads the map file (it can't keep them).

So.. What can I try except reflashing?
You don't create the files by hand. If they aren't present and you start up OVI maps then it should create a default .qf file. When you connect your N900 to Windows the .qf file isn't visible to the Map Loader programme so before hand manually copy the .qf file to one called qf (no leading dot) and then connect.

Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
You don't create the files by hand. If they aren't present and you start up OVI maps then it should create a default .qf file. When you connect your N900 to Windows the .qf file isn't visible to the Map Loader programme so before hand manually copy the .qf file to one called qf (no leading dot) and then connect.
Thanks for the answer!

I tried running Ovi Maps but it doesn't create those files for some reason, then I tried creating them by hand.

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by giannoug View Post
Thanks for the answer!

I tried running Ovi Maps but it doesn't create those files for some reason, then I tried creating them by hand.
The file is hidden from normal view. If you are using terminal then you need to use ls -a to see the .qf file

Contents of my qf file:
Code:
format:QF
client_id:s60Maps3.0
voice_mode:Viking
quota:5868709120
diskcache:cities\diskcache
voicefiles:cities\diskcache\voices
cachedats:cities
languageID:1
ttffiles:cities
client_version:1.3.17.0
build:v4.0 wk34 MT

Last edited by Fargus; 2010-03-19 at 23:21. Reason: Contents of qf File...

could some one send the structure of this famous folder "cities" please?
because i ve deleted it and i like to try to fix it without a firmware flash

thanks!

hi everyone...
the .qf file exists I checked it. the text is the same but the app dosent recognize the cities folder im going crazy plz help