Active Topics

I was looking at speed and capacity for SDHC cards and here's what I found so far.
Sandisk Ultra II 16GB SDHC - 15MB R/W - $146.06
http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-...7942270&sr=8-5

Lower capacity but faster
Sandisk Extreme III - 8 GB SDHC -20MB R/W - $70
http://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-SDSDRX...942509&sr=1-16

Does anyone know of others that have comparable speeds?

Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
there's a new 32GB class6 panasonic coming soon:
http://www.akihabaranews.com/en/news...l?ANTag=100064
no price yet!

Various discussions indicated that a faster SDHC may NOT result in faster access, copying, writing, etc. times. I think a class 2 won't run slower than a faster one, but I'd check before looking for something much faster (and more expensive).

NewEgg has A Data 8Gb microSDs (with adapter - you might need a minisd adapter fo r the n810) for $50.

Don't know whether this is the right place (thread) to plant this little nugget. But I need some help/advice...which appears pretty plentiful from what I've seen. I recently got a Buy.com promotional email (their regular weekly tease) advertising a "SanDisk 4GB MicroSDHC Card w/SD adapter & USB Micromate" for $22.77, w/ the proverbial free shipping/no tax. Then Buy.com has a second memory card: a "Kensington 4GB miniSDHC SDHC Card - Class 4" for $16.96
I looked further and it appears the SanDisk 4GB is maybe a Class 2, while the Kensington is a Class 4. What the hell is this "Class" designation stuff. I see above, one of the threadsters refers to a Class 6?? What does this mean, if anything, for a n800 or the n810? With our great president's planned economic/rectal stimulus plan hitting our mailboxes next month, I am aiming at ordering a n800 and was also preparing to get a memory card....Thanks...for any guidance.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Sustained write speed in MB/sec.

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Gainesville, FL
16GB SDHC Class 6
Newegg

Let's see....
n800(dell.com) - 199.00
2x16GB SD - 142.00

Not half bad that, considering...(ipod Touch 32GB $499)

Yes, but what does "Class 6" mean???? Is a Class 6 better than a Class 4 or Class 2? In what way is it better. I don't understand the general's "Sustained write speed in MB/sec." Anyone with a quick explanation????

class 2 - 2 MB/sec
class 4 - 4 MB/sec
class 6 - 6 MB/sec

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Gainesville, FL
Originally Posted by paps View Post
class 2 - 2 MB/sec
class 4 - 4 MB/sec
class 6 - 6 MB/sec
The class refers to the minimum sustained write when the card is empty. Does not place a upper limit on write/read, only a lower limit. So in order to claim a class 6 designation a SD card had to have been able to sustain 6 MB/s write rate when empty.

Thanks to all: the General, iamNarada and paps. So, if there is some data on both cards in a n800 -- (Nokia's furnished card) and one I purchase -- the class should not affect the tablet's performance if one card is a class 2 and the other is a 4 or 6? Correct? Or should we all aim a class 6 card?? Like tires, I don't wanna be going down the street with one fat tire and skinny tire that keeps pulling to the left....