Active Topics

Notices

hey guys - tried to play a video on youtube today, and its giving me a message saying that either javascript is disabled or i dont have the latest flash player...anyone have any idea whats going on? or how i can set it right...

i thought that youtube is supposed to work fine on os2008...

thanks!

Fire up the web browser, tap web (in the upper left hand corner of the browser window), --> tap tools, --> tap componants, and make sure the box is checked for shockwave flash.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrMobo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ somewhere in the far south
Try this: go to upper left menu on web browser, look for components and see what is checked.

I had the same issue also. Thanks for posting the fix!

thank you! works perfect...

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Finland
It would be nice if YouTube would automaticly play videos at full screen mode. Wonder if its possible..

thx! youtube's back in my pocket.

Originally Posted by Mika73 View Post
It would be nice if YouTube would automaticly play videos at full screen mode. Wonder if its possible..
Probably not without the help of Greasemonkey and a script. But you could just use MyTube (application).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
just a tip: if you really wanna use Youtube properly with your NIT, install "Orb" on one of your home PC's. (its great software)

and then Orb can stream any youtube video in a format thats MUCH friendlier and much smoother, and can be played back on Media Player on the NIT.

just go to the Orb website and you'll see what its all about

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ New Jersey USA
A fantastic and accurate response.I too got the same message.I bought my "wonder toy" on ebay and the previous owner had upgraded to OS2008 initially I could watch youtube's flash videos with no problem. Then for no obvious reason (I changed no settings deliberately) I got this message and as I am used to finding out with products from STOOPID friggin'ADOBE there was no meaningful help forthcoming (or fifthcoming come to that).Although clicking a proffered link revealed that they knew I had a Linux OS and offerred 3 possible install downloads BUT they were in compressed formats like tar and therefore due to the lack of any installation instructions utterly useless.I can now enjoy high speed youtube videos again so I add mmy own sinncere thanks to DrMobo and AKD for their brilliant respsonses