Active Topics

Notices

I'm having problems regarding TRANSMISSIONS torrent downloading client, it suddenly keeps on rebooting when I leave it to charge while downloading, the worst part is it keeps on giving an error regarding the torrent I am trying to download (after the unexpected reboot), it says the file is READ-ONLY and cannot be accessed.

It rarely happens, but after I did some modifications like downloading swapolube, tracker-cfg, transition control, HAM, and the mod to remove the APT auto-update by extending the time interval, it started to frequently occur.

Help would be greatly appreciated

The Following User Says Thank You to Tousled For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wigan, UK
I had the same issues when I updated to 1.76 from extras-devel. Check if your is the same version (open transmission, tap the top bar where the title is and click 'about').

If thats the case, uninstall it, then disable extras-devel and install version 1.75 from extras. This one does not reboot my n900 anymore, it doesnt make anything read only and it seems to lag a little less.

The Following User Says Thank You to kaos_king For This Useful Post:
Posts: 35 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Orlando, FL
I have had this issue several times. If you have access to a windows machine, just plug your N900 in via USB, and run the disc checker utility. Once it's finished it'll clear the corrupted data and everything should run fine again. Are you running your N900 overclocked? I usually run my my OC with XLV at 250-1150 during normal use because it goes unstable with ULV. If I try to run transmission at these settings it will reboot, so I have to drop the clock speed to 250-1000 to keep it stable. Hope this helps.

you could fix the read only error from the device itself
Code:
sudo gainroot
umount /dev/mmcblk0p1
/sbin/fsck.vfat -a /dev/mmcblk0p1
mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /home/user/MyDocs
exit

Originally Posted by Medic7051 View Post
I have had this issue several times. If you have access to a windows machine, just plug your N900 in via USB, and run the disc checker utility. Once it's finished it'll clear the corrupted data and everything should run fine again. Are you running your N900 overclocked? I usually run my OC with XLV at 250-1150 during normal use because it goes unstable with ULV. If I try to run transmission at these settings it will reboot, so I have to drop the clock speed to 250-1000 to keep it stable. Hope this helps.
Yes... Mine is overclocked at 500 800 (Ideal Setting) for the whole period.

Last edited by Tousled; 2011-02-16 at 02:27.

Originally Posted by kaos_king View Post
I had the same issues when I updated to 1.76 from extras-devel. Check if your is the same version (open transmission, tap the top bar where the title is and click 'about').

If thats the case, uninstall it, then disable extras-devel and install version 1.75 from extras. This one does not reboot my n900 anymore, it doesnt make anything read only and it seems to lag a little less.
I did what you said about downgrading the version, but it only works when the phone is set to the default kernel, and it still crashes when I overclock it... Is there a way to make it run while overclocked?

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Ireland
Originally Posted by Char View Post
you could fix the read only error from the device itself
Code:
sudo gainroot
umount /dev/mmcblk0p1
/sbin/fsck.vfat -a /dev/mmcblk0p1
mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /home/user/MyDocs
exit
Wll that code work on Diablo/OS2008/n800 ?

i have no idea but i highly doubt the partitioning scheme of the n800 is the same as the n900. you'll need to figure out where your data partition is and replace /dev/mmcblk0p1 and /home/user/MyDocs accordingly

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wigan, UK
I have mine overclocked at 950mhz on Ideal with power kernel v46, with transmission 1.75 and it works fine.

Banned | Posts: 358 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Dec 2010
Originally Posted by Tousled View Post
I'm having problems regarding TRANSMISSIONS torrent downloading client, it suddenly keeps on rebooting when I leave it to charge while downloading, the worst part is it keeps on giving an error regarding the torrent I am trying to download (after the unexpected reboot), it says the file is READ-ONLY and cannot be accessed.

It rarely happens, but after I did some modifications like downloading swapolube, tracker-cfg, transition control, HAM, and the mod to remove the APT auto-update by extending the time interval, it started to frequently occur.

Help would be greatly appreciated
You want to use ctorrent and flashlite. It doesn't support udp and dead tracker though so u want to edit the torrent with www.torrenteditor.com. ctorrent and flashlite should work with any flash/ssd based device! U want to search the forum because there is a great discussion about this!