Active Topics

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Hi Guys,

I was watching this N8's macro videos in youtube then thought trying myself out but it seems that touch focus isn't working in my N9. Well it only works rarely and even at times when it works, most of the time its bit slow. Anyone having this issue as well? If then please vote below as I have already created a bug for it. Thank you.

https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=840

Here is a screenshot though it doesn't say much .. I'm thinking of making a video and attach it soon.

EDIT: VIDEO below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Uvyy...SXKgpf2wJhF2Ny

I noticed the video was on night mode so I later changed to automatic and it worked for a while and then stopped. I'll try to upload one in good light and in automatic video/camera mode.
Attached Images

Last edited by jaeezzy; 2012-02-04 at 16:05.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
What is the distance to the cup from the lens?

How about the quality of light available?
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
What is the distance to the cup from the lens?

How about the quality of light available?

I tried moving close & far from the object and I know the closest or the farthest limit as I take a lot of such pictures but using camera icon (pressing it gets the focus & releasing takes pic). The thing is it does work sometime with the same light and its a nicely lit room. I have done a video but its done in a pretty poor lit room and again sometimes (during the same time I was testing) it worked in the same lighting condition. Please find the video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Uvyy...SXKgpf2wJhF2Ny

I noticed the video was on night mode so I later changed to automatic and it worked for a while and then stopped. I'll try to upload one in good light and in automatic video/camera mode.

Last edited by jaeezzy; 2012-02-04 at 16:05.

Focus doesn't work with no light (with no enough light).

The Following User Says Thank You to ENNINE For This Useful Post:
Do you have power saving mode enabled? That disables continuous autofocus.

Anyways, in macro mode when you are near an object tap just your finger once where you want to focus, the press and hold the shutter icon to start focusing.

The Following User Says Thank You to impact For This Useful Post:
impact, that's it! I had the same problem some time ago, and figured that one should just stay out of macro mode... however, this works fine - although not intuitive at all, this did do the trick for me.

Originally Posted by impact View Post
Do you have power saving mode enabled? That disables continuous autofocus.

Anyways, in macro mode when you are near an object tap just your finger once where you want to focus, the press and hold the shutter icon to start focusing.

I have been doing this when in camera mode as this only works for Camera mode not on Video mode.

Also, I don't have power saving mode enabled. Anyways, I will do more testing and report back. Thanks guys for the response.

Last edited by jaeezzy; 2012-02-05 at 22:27.

I can confirm that its intermittent. I tried under the same good lighting condition and it worked once out of 3 times. Both for photo & video mode. You when it works and when its not one can keep changing position but to not any difference.

Also, I have commented on the bug if the manual icon press to focus can be added to the video mode as well like in camera mode so that in case touch doesn't work.. or maybe I might have to raise a new enhancement request in the bug-report.

I have issues focusing off-center not just in macro but all the time. Even for a landscape shot focusing on N9 becomes an big issue if I tap off-center (for exposure purposes since DoF is already irrelevant to the composition of a landscape shop).