Active Topics

Hi guys, i have read all around issues about the accelerometer on the n900 not working..
So far what i found as possible solutions:
1) reboot device
2) power off device and turn on again
3) power off, take battery off for a few secconds (1 min), and turn on again.
4) take battery (without turning off) (1 minute) and turn on again.

I have tried all of these and none have worked, not even once.
This phone is a friends phone, (yes, we both have n900), and trying to compare files and conf files.. i found this.

On the fully working n900 (mine, accelerometer works fine), this are the files i have on this path:
ls /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-3/3-001d/ -->
bus, coord, driver, duration, enable, modalias, name, power, rate, samples, scale, selftest, subsystem, ths, uevent

but, this are the files on the non-working n900:
ls /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-3/3-001d/
bus, modalias, name, power, subsystem, uevent

So, clearly there are different files I have (on working n900), that the non-working n900 is missing.

Along with the "coord" file... I tried to create the coord file with nano, since its only a blank text file with the coordinates..
but n900 responds with a "file or folder not found".

I know a probable solution is to re-flash the whole device.. but im trying to see if there is another solution besides that.

I will be checking this thread continuously for any answer... hope someone can give us a hand here..

Just for you to know, im not a linux expert, but i do have some experience on it.. so feel free to ask for any data/report or to recommend any steps for fixing this.

Thanks in advance guys.

Last edited by manco1911; 2011-06-27 at 00:13.

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Kiev, Ukraine
The thread is dead, but I will try to refresh it. I am stuck with the same problem with not-working accelerometer. I read all posts on forum about suggestions and tried the following solutions, in order:
  1. Reloading lis302dl kernel module
  2. Reboot
  3. Reboot with taking off the battery for some minutes
  4. Reflashing
All solutions with no luck The accelerometer still not-working. Any thoughts about, how can I recalibrate and reenable it?