Active Topics

Notices

Hello all.

I am trying to install the vncviewer but i am having some issues. When I try to install it from the apps manager i get an error saying the package conflicts with hildon-libs0.

If i run dpkg-query i get this:

Code:
un  hildon-libs0   <none>         (no description available)
If i try and install hildon-libs0 using apt-get on the command line i get this prompt, and i cancel, because i think it may break something.

Code:
/home/user # apt-get install hildon-libs0
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
The following extra packages will be installed:
  libdbus-1-2
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  osso-af osso-software-version
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  hildon-libs0 libdbus-1-2
0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 2 to remove and 75 not upgraded.
Need to get 388kB of archives.
After unpacking 683kB of additional disk space will be used.
I have come across this error in the past with other packages.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Tim

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Texas/Earth/Sol System/Milky Way/Local Group/Hubble Bubble/Infinity
Hi;
I'm able to install v.6 and was able to connect to several servers via my n810. But, after powering off today I can't connect to anything - "connection failed".
Were you ever able to install?
Steve

The Following User Says Thank You to stevecrye For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Texas/Earth/Sol System/Milky Way/Local Group/Hubble Bubble/Infinity
Hi all;

An update on my vncviewer "can't connect" - got it working by setting the options on the server hosts to "legacy 3.3".

Last night, I was able to do actual REAL work from my couch. I came in via the vpnc-gui, and then used vncviewer to get into my primary workstation, and then changed a few ACLs on our firewall. This is very, very cool.

Steve