When I connect my tablet through USB two removable disks appear in Explorer. As I understand one represents internal device memory (256 mb) and the second one is internal memory card (2gb).

Do you know how I can access/view/browse contents of 256 mb memory?

Posts: 643 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Seattle (or thereabouts)
The two disks that show up in Explorer are the internal 2GB ("Internal card") and the mini SD slot ("External card"). You can't directly access the internal 256MB directly over USB. Is there a specific reason you want to access the 256MB of NAND flash directly?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnx For This Useful Post:
Thank you for your response!
The reason I want to access 256MB card is that I installed a dictionary for Palm through Garnet. When I open that dictionary it says "dictionaries cannot be found". I searched google for solution to this problem. If I worked directly with a Palm device, I would have opened memory card of that Palm device and manually copied dictionaries to specific folder. However, I use Palm emulator (garnet) and don`t have access to memory card which garnet uses for installed applications.

I already tried to create needed folders on 2GB card but unfortunately it didn`t work.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by samoyan View Post
...I would have opened memory card of that Palm device and manually copied dictionaries to specific folder. However, I use Palm emulator (garnet) and don`t have access to memory card which garnet uses for installed applications.
Garnet VM stores everything--all your Palm applications and their accompanying databases, media files, and the like--inside one big file in your tablet's file system. It's not just that you can't access the Palm files from your computer via USB, you can't even access them on your tablet itself from anywhere but Garnet VM. Whatever fixes you need to do for your Palm dictionary program will need to be done from within Garnet VM.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Thank you, I understood it.

Posts: 900 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Fresno CA USA
Originally Posted by samoyan View Post
Thank you for your response!
The reason I want to access 256MB card is that I installed a dictionary for Palm through Garnet. When I open that dictionary it says "dictionaries cannot be found". I searched google for solution to this problem. If I worked directly with a Palm device, I would have opened memory card of that Palm device and manually copied dictionaries to specific folder. However, I use Palm emulator (garnet) and don`t have access to memory card which garnet uses for installed applications.

I already tried to create needed folders on 2GB card but unfortunately it didn`t work.
Sdictionary works very well and is a native N810 application which allows you to store the dictionary files anywhere you wish.
Personal Blog -- 3 Joe's Blog

N810 -- 5.2010.33-1

Thank you very much! I didn`t know about this dictionary.