Active Topics

Hi all, just got a new n800 which i do like, but having a few probs!
The first one is setting up an e-mail account!. I have done this but can only get incoming mail? when trying to send mail it says "cannot find smtp server" does anybody have any info on how to combat this, in laymans terms would be good too! i get by but im no techy!! thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

have you filled out the field for your smtp server? Is the entry correct? Can you ping the smtp-server?

Have you checked advanced settings for outgoing messages? Maybe you will have to use a different port (depends on your provider)?

Originally Posted by timkawa View Post
have you filled out the field for your smtp server? Is the entry correct? Can you ping the smtp-server?

Have you checked advanced settings for outgoing messages? Maybe you will have to use a different port (depends on your provider)?
Thanks for the reply, ive filled all fields as required. dont know how to ping the smtp server though!!

Windows? Open a command line via typing cmd.exe into the field which comes up when you klick on start - execute (I am not sure if this is the right label because I have a german windows version) or you might find CMT in your Accessoires Forder in the programme menue.

Then type

ping servername.domain.com (as an example) and hit enter :-)

john2485,

What email provider are you using?
You need to get their correct settings and then in advanced settings you need to input this. I had same problem with gmail until I went to gmail options and followed their instructions. Remember to restart your n800 afterwards. Give it sometime to load.
lol, Dan