Active Topics

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Using my N9 this evening. Battery 83% phone working as usual. No new installations.

Took a couple of pics, no problem. Then tried to change the setting on the phone. I wanted to remove the media settings.

However never got this far. The setting menu did not respond, under any setting.

So press re-boot, hold for 10 secs.

That was it!

Now the phone won't re-start. It comes up with the nokia log but that fades and then nothing.

Tried lots of re-boots. Left the phone to charges too, but still it will not get past a brief buzz, the nokia logo, and then it fades to black.

Any ideas. It is under a year old so I can return it but would rather keep the N9 than have Nokia try and replace it with an inferior device.

Thanks
John

Did you back up previously? If not, be ready to lose data because you should try to flash your phone to see if it helps. Read this: http://wiki.maemo.org/Flashing_N9
This is what I would do if my phone stopped like yours. I'm sorry it happened and hopefully it will bring your N9 back to life. If you're not comfortable flashing it, maybe they will give you a new one. You can always try.

Last edited by TheN9er; 2012-12-08 at 23:51.

If you don't want to reflash it, you can turn on R&D mode and disable the watchdog, and see if you can debug any issues from there.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Can't flash, no device found

Turning it on the phone vibrates and the light comes on for a second and the nokia name appears then the light flashes 4 times and goes out an the screen goes black

Looks like a return to the maker. I have a back up stored on my PC thankfully.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
bockersjv,

Did you ensure you plugged in the device only after the "Suitable device/phonenet not found" message appeared? Also try pressing the power button for 8-10secs before plugging in after that message appears to allow the flash...

yep, tried every combination. Flasher is waiting for suitable device. N9 starts light comes on and usb link symbol appears in top right corner then disspaears after 2-3 ses the 4 flashes of charging light and the n9 goes dead. Flasher still waiting for device to be found.

Have tried lots of combos too. Googles and found this is a problem with the Nitroid boys too and they use flasher but that is not working for me.

I have never loaded Nitroid ever.

I have over the paste few days had an issue with the battery suddenly going from 30% to 4% then switching off. I have left the phone on charge overnight but it does not appear to be charging, which I suspect is the prime issue

Posts: 644 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Finland
When connect phone to usb, wait 10 sec. If still "waiting for device...", then press phones power button untill the flashing start.

Tried thta, just get the "suitable USB interface <bootloader/phonet> not found, waiting..."

No joy

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Since you have the warranty might as well send it in for repair; it could be a flaky USB port...

Yep, I think that is the only option. I will miss it and worry Nokia will not want to fix but would rather replace with a Lumia :O