Active Topics

Notices

would it be possible for someone to write something that if you press and hold the volume button (+/-) on n900 to skip songs? i find it inconvenience to skip song because i would have to unlock my screen go to Mp to skip a song. I listen to music very often especially walking in between classes.

unless there are other ways that i don't know of ...

The Following User Says Thank You to vietn900 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
there is already at least one thread which mentioned to re-think how to skip songs.
and there is an app called "shake2control" (in devel or testing i think) which allows you to control skip and pause by powerfully shaking the phone xD

i saw that app however im kinda scared of shaking my phone because i'm afraid i might slip someday. lol

yeah but most of those threads are for n810? ..

Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...=music+control

via bluetooth it's possible... so just get bluetooth earphones ^^

there's a link to a brainstorm and a discussion too - maybe you like to join there

There is a brainstorm to have the included earphones do something with that button too, it would make a wise next track button when there is not a call coming in.

But yeah we do need some form of manipulating playback without bluetooth earphones, press & hold one of the external buttons seems the best solution to me, not sure how hard it will be for somebody to make that happen.

I voted for the correct solution, my only qualm is that having a short tap for any function could induce accidental activation of that function without meaning too just by having it move about in your pocket or bag. So I think its best to restrict the functions to press & hold operation only or at least have an option within the application to make it that way.

Ok i tried adding a brain storm but the site just logs me out and its almost impossible to log back in...here's my view on adding control music feature...if someone with authority would so kind as to add this to brain storm I would be very greatful...

While media player is open:

Short press on volume up/down -> next/prev track

Long press on volume up/down -> gradually increase/decrease volume

Headphones unplugged -> pause

Headphones re-connected -> play

Edit (thx to ToJa92): Camera Key - play / pause

Last edited by SavageD; 2010-02-06 at 20:10.

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Originally Posted by SavageD View Post

Power Button - play / pause
What if you want to put the phone in offline mode / silent mode while in the music player? Or lock the screen + keys(yes, I know theres a switch for that, but still)?

----------------
Now playing: Tool - Disposition

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Macon, GA | Warsaw, PL | Hanoi, VN
headphone deamon 1.6 already interacts with the headphone connector to pause and resume when the headphones are disconnected and reconnected, respectively.