Active Topics

Notices

hey all .. i wonder if any one could help me my phone vibrates for no reason at all .. every time it vibrates 3 times 2 weak and slow vibrates and the last one is a strong one and some times after the vibration it opens the phone app ..? i dont know what is wrong with it so if any one could tell me how to fix it please say it

dildo app installed?

only joking, maybe u are getting a message? could be email? check settings and profile.

turn vibrate off in profile and see if it stops it

doesnt any one know whats wrong with my n900

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I had the same problem until I discovered that the app "shortcutd" by default makes the phone vibrate when the proximity sensor is covered. Did you maybe install this app?
If yes: remove or edit it!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
sounds like an app is foing it - mce has a list of vibrate commands built in - worth searching the forums for an xterminal dbus command to try them all out (Healthcheck has some built in)
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
maybe u are getting a message?
maybe you are getting a massage?
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

lol Matjaz is thw winner :P its that stupid app

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
I hope you have filed a bug against shortcutd about this problem?
https://bugs.maemo.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=shortcutd

If maintainers don't know about existing bugs they cannot fix their apps. :-P

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10073 though that report gladly accepts improvements and steps for this.