Active Topics

Notices

Hi, everyone.
Is there an application for the n900 , that is an alarm clock and supports online radios ?

I had today a great idea about such an alarm clock ... thats turnes wife automaticaly on , then connect to an internet radio and play it.

and , if there is no such program, (sorry, i am realy big noob ) is it ok to post such an idea to the brainstorm... and how to start make such an software for the n900 ...
i would realy like to make something -.- but have no idea how to start , and had not sooo much programing expirience (only in turbo ^_^ )

thaks )))

That's a great idea, using the internet radio as an alarm clock audio source. I haven't woken up to music since I was a kid.

And this isn't a bad idea either...

Originally Posted by razialo View Post
I had today a great idea about such an alarm clock ... thats turnes wife automaticaly on
If only we could get the N900 to turn her off when we wanted, as well... %^p

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oldpmaguy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by oldpmaguy View Post
That's a great idea, using the internet radio as an alarm clock audio source. I haven't woken up to music since I was a kid.

And this isn't a bad idea either...

If only we could get the N900 to turn her off when we wanted, as well... %^p
ok -.- thats the 3rd time i write it wrong ... wifi is realy hard to spell , you knew =)))

thats how i can imagine it ...

I just thought of this idea myself, untill i searched the forum lol.
I think this is an awesome idea, I don't necessarily think this should be hard to create. But could this be done with a simple app or widget that just automatically launches your favourite bookmark that's been presaved with the address of your favourite radio station at a specified time?

For example, I have the address of Radio 1 (uk station) saved as a bookmark and the app/widget launches it at a pre-set time of say 7am, and this could / would launch the media player or browser and start streaming through media player or iplayer if launched in a browser?

im also thinking this could be achieved through a script with instructions just to open the bookmark at a specified time?

Can anyone shed light on the possibility of this, or think it would be easy enough to do if they would like to take this task on?

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
I would like to hear your excuse to your boss when your N900 got a DC, like "Sorry my WLAN was offline so my phone couldn't play the alarm clock song" oO?

Originally Posted by Crogge View Post
I would like to hear your excuse to your boss when your N900 got a DC, like "Sorry my WLAN was offline so my phone couldn't play the alarm clock song" oO?
lol, see your point, but we dont do things by half around here... include a failsafe of gprs being initialised incase wlan is offline.

(and if that fails, just play an mp3 )

All this sounds great, are there a plan bring this into reality?

It can be done now, with scripting apps, but the more user friendly one cant be downloaded till 1.2 comes out im afraid. The best option at the moment is Flipclock, you can set an alarm which turns on the radio, but no internet radio.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Is there any changes on this? I realy miss this feature.
Thanks for each tip.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
so i find a way. with the "alarmed" App, you can execute a command at any time that you want. for me the command looks like:

mplayer -playlist /home/usr/MyDocs/tmp/deepmix128.pls

I hope this helps someone