Active Topics

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
NOT FOR USE ON 43-7 or above - NO LONGER BEING UPDATED

I created a deb to install bootmenu (to be run in flash only)

For memson, because some people can't take no for an answer. Perhaps try to be a little more polite with future requests

This will scan and look for ext2 and ext3 partitions on any inserted SD card and create a custom bootmenu.conf and install bootmenu.

This will also setup sudo ALL=ALL in flash partition (give you root access) just run "sudo su -" in xterm

This will also fsck all known ext2 or 3 partitions when booted to flash. IT will play a wav when complete

the wav is in /root/linus for those that will ask

Get the deb at
http://penguinbait.com
or
http://penguinbait.com/bootmenu-installer.deb

Now its time to eat and beat the children

Supported Versions, (Not tested on 770)
Nokia 770 - IT2006 versions 1.2006.26-8, 2.2006.39-14, 3.2006.49-2, IT2007 hacker edition 2.2006.48-7, 4.2007.36-2
N800 - IT2007 versions 2.2006.51-6, 3.2007.10-7, 4.2007.26-8, 4.2007.38-2

N800,N810 - IT2008 versions 1.2007.42-18, 1.2007.42-19, 2.2007.50-2, 4.2008.23-14 (Diablo), 4.2008.30-2 (first Diablo update), 4.2008.36-5
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Last edited by penguinbait; 2008-12-20 at 21:08.

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Posts: 449 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ eastern north carolina usa
man ...thanks...i dont know if i want to use it...yet ..that dude was rude...

PB is my hero, srsly ;-)

Dude, just so you know... I was about to donate you something, except my credit card expired and PayPal is obviously asking me to update my details. Don't have my card to hand (only debit card and I don't want to use that online) so expect a small donation in the next few days

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ eastern north carolina usa
get a prepaid credit card...set your paypal accordingly.sorry i..didnt mean to jump in your stuff...remember we all have to try to be more polite...and just geta along...as for 2 hour comute....crap...man that just sucks...

Originally Posted by joepagiii View Post
get a prepaid credit card...set your paypal accordingly.sorry i..didnt mean to jump in your stuff...remember we all have to try to be more polite...and just geta along...as for 2 hour comute....crap...man that just sucks...
My bank only protects Credit Cards for online transactions ( I only have my debit card on me*.) Either way, I'd need my Credit Card to set up the pre-paid online.

Yep, commute is a bugger: ~1.5 hours on the train each way (varies, fastest is 1 hour 20 mins, most is 2 hours 15 minutes), 15 minutes from home to the station, 15 - 25 mins from station to office on the subway. So, average journey is 1.5 + 0.5 + 0.25 each way. It can be more. I usually leave work at 17:15 and get home at ~19:30. I usually leave the house in the morning at ~07:00 and get to work by 09:00.

To be clear: my job is great. I get paid well. The commute sucks.

* Just in case we call things different names, a Debit card has no credit - the money is drawn directly from your band account. A Credit card has associated credit and you must pay off the balance monthly. A debit card can still be VISA etc, but just only clears if there is money in your account. Banks do not guarantee them for online transactions - we get no payment protection etc.

my commute is short...less than a minute...to get into my office...course i taka care of an 87 yr old...and the kids are out of school...little locusts...as for work...i fix stuff...no matter what...computers to cars...tvs to washers....still broke...your jargon is fine...(credit,debits,online...etc...)

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Indiana
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
Now its time to eat and beat the children
Wouldn't it make more sense to beat then eat them, thus rendering them more tender for consumption purposes?

Sorry, I couldn't resist that one.

Thanks PB for all of your time and effort spent. I think Diablo will be the trigger point that I need to jump into your offerings- I've only read about and been impressed with your work thus far, now it's time to experience it.

Dave

The Following User Says Thank You to daveb70 For This Useful Post:
thanks for this deb and for the post,
now booting diablo internal and booting the previous version with all my programs and KDE on the external SD.

The Following User Says Thank You to beatniks3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by joepagiii View Post
my commute is short...less than a minute...to get into my office...course i taka care of an 87 yr old...and the kids are out of school...little locusts...as for work...i fix stuff...no matter what...computers to cars...tvs to washers....still broke...your jargon is fine...(credit,debits,online...etc...)
Just curious your age? I imagine an old man

Not trying to offend anyone. Its just whenever I meet a guy, that fixes everything. Its usually one of those old guys like my grandpa was. He could fix anything. Engine blew up, let me make a new set of pistons on the lathe. He could do anything, although not on computers. More of an old shools mechanical engineer.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.