Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Raleigh, NC
After updating to 0.21.11, I was not seeing current temps in the icon view and the Now tab was missing. After, clicking through my other saved stations it began displaying properly. Odd behavior. Thought I'd share this in case anyone else encounters the issue.

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 1,903 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Belarus
Originally Posted by mfortner View Post
After updating to 0.21.11, I was not seeing current temps in the icon view and the Now tab was missing. After, clicking through my other saved stations it began displaying properly. Odd behavior. Thought I'd share this in case anyone else encounters the issue.
Did you reboot your device after update the OMWeather?

Originally Posted by vasvlad View Post
Did you reboot your device after update the OMWeather?
Immediately. Then 2-3 times again.

Immediately. Then 2-3 times again.
This is the very strange error. Can you show me your Omweather config ?

Vlad.

Last edited by vasvlad; 2009-03-23 at 11:23.

Now I'm not sure it was an error. I notice current temperatures do not always display and the Now tab is not always present even after updating the weather. Is that normal?

Can you instruct me how to output the config?

Now I'm not sure it was an error. I notice current temperatures do not always display and the Now tab is not always present even after updating the weather. Is that normal?

Can you instruct me how to output the config?
Yes It's normal. Some time xoap.weather.com doesn't have current weather. Increase parameter 'Valid time for current weather' for fix this problem. Check time and timezone in your device.

How to output the config:
Start xterm.
Enter this command
cat "/var/lib/gconf/apps/maemo/omweather/%gconf.xml"
/media/mmc2
And show me result.

Vlad.

The Following User Says Thank You to vasvlad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 145 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Vancouver, BC
Vlad,

the last update screwed up some of the current day reports for me, so I've removed and re-added my city and now it works fine. I wish I made a backup of the config before it all was fixed. But maybe it's just a coincidence and there was a problem with weather.com.

Originally Posted by stangri View Post
Vlad,

the last update screwed up some of the current day reports for me, so I've removed and re-added my city and now it works fine. I wish I made a backup of the config before it all was fixed. But maybe it's just a coincidence and there was a problem with weather.com.
Maybe.

Vlad.

Somehow, somewhere, omweather stopped showing weather. I have uninstalled it several times, rebooted between installs, still nothing. I also cleared out /var/lib/gconf'app'maemo/omweather still nothing. Any thoughts?

During my original post, it was intermittent. Now I never see the current weather. I've been dealing with other things, but I really want to follow Vlad's instructions to troubleshoot.