Active Topics

Notices

After merging my google contacts with other contacts in my phonebook, my google contacts suddenly won't show their online status anymore. Skype and MSN are still online, but google contacts don't show any symbol for online or offline.

I haven't been able to find any others experiencing the same problems by googling so hoping for feedback here. maybe a bugreport should be filed as well.

I have one guess that could reproduce the bug since some of my contacts have got a the same google talk username registered two times on one contact.

Update:

I now tried deleting my google talk account and readding it again. For the first couple of hours i can see which contacts are online and which are offline in the contact-list, but then all status symbols mysteriously disappear from the list again.
No tampering and no merging.
Anyone else experienced the same?

I experienced the same 2 days ago. I just logged-in on gmail from my computer (i never use this account...). After some hours on my N900 all Gtalk contacts lost online status. My contacts can see me online but i cannote see them.
I tried this:
-remove GTalk account
-delete all Gtalk username from all my gtalk contacts
-add again Gtalk account
After that i connected the account but the sync didn't happen.
Tried many times but nothing.
I'm thinking that the only way is to flush N900 and try again...
Any ideas or clues???