Originally Posted by bandora View Post
@ davbost, it's definately not a software issue.. can't be solved unless you change the LCD screen.. but it would be pointless as they will come back.. I think it's caused by some components heating up at those two locations..
This seems like the most plausible explanation. Whether the spots show up because of heating or pushing, the close proximity of some parts to the screen from underneath (by unfortunate design) seem to be causing this.
Are the "officials" silent on this issue because there is nothing they can do, or do they not recognize this to be enough of a problem that actually needs to be addressed?
I am pretty sure these spots are likely to be on a lot more screens out there, than reported in this thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to Abukana For This Useful Post:
my n900 also has the same. i think it was from my last wallpaper theme having bright spots at the same place , maybe continuous pixels charged or something . by the way the theme was Meego Turkiye

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by KetkuFIN View Post
my white spot on screen almost disappeared when i fixed my n900 slider that got stuck. so i disassembled the whole thing just out of curiosity and cleaned everything with CRC dust off (can of compressed DRY air)
EDIT: now the spot is barely visible.
Interesting.. I shall try this when I have time to do so to confirm this.. (How long have you had the spots for though? Maybe the longer the more it get permanent? jw)

mine 2, with bright spot in the middle...i think i will live with it

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
Have two brighter spots too (1 almost in the center, and other one a bit to the right), and 3 hot (red) pixels...
Even after 10 months, will the warranty take care about that? (well, warranty is 2 years)
It is not much of an issue, but the brighter spots annoys me.
Has anyone send it to the warranty and did they replaced it?

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Ahmedabad, India
i too have one bright spot on thr right side.. initially i thought its coz of playing toooo much of Angry Birds wherein i click around that area of the screen with my thumb too frequently and continuosly doing that might have heated up that part of the screen.

i have a very slight dot in the centre of my screen also - bearly noticeable though so im not too bothered.. ..ok i am a bit bothered by it - if there is a fix id like to hear it!

Last edited by fusi; 2011-06-07 at 02:02.

Posts: 135 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Having 3 spots at the center of the screen
I don't mind it, it's still the greatest screen I got in a cellphone so far, but I admit its not very funny to have it.

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ The Northpole
hey i got 2 small bright spots that stare at me like a pair of eyes- spoooooky! first one (to the right) showed up after a few months. second came after a year or so. no pixel problems though.
it doesnt bother me enough to ship it away.
-xmas cheers maemo.org, all mods & members too!

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ The Northpole
guess i´m the only/ lonely one typing here so..

i left the the keyboard open all night and the spots were/ are still there so it´s not a heating problem. like i said, i can live with it.