Active Topics

Notices

I've had the newest versions working just fine with multiboot. Perfectly fine.

Originally Posted by hawaii View Post
I've had the newest versions working just fine with multiboot. Perfectly fine.
how did u install it?

hawaii - how did you get this version working with multiboot?

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I'm stuck in a reboot loop. I did not install any new app since my last succesful reboot, but I updated my apps when necessary. Recently the Power Kernel was updated and I did not reboot right after the install, so maybe this is the problem.

Anyway, I tried to restore my Rootfs and Optfs using Backupmenu. At the end of the restoration, a message informed me that the process was successful. I was quite happy. This was the first time I had to use Backupmenu and it just saved me days of manual reinstallations.

But it didn't work actually. :'( I'm still stuck in a reboot loop and I can no longer launch Backupmenu: it begins to load but the loading never completes. I cannot save the files on my N900 now 'cause there is no way to connect it using usb. :/

Any solution there? Any similar problem? Could I try to convert my rootfs and my optfs so that they could be restored using maemo-flasher?

Last edited by Kabouik; 2011-05-08 at 00:34.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
10 Clean flash.
20 Install BackupMenu.
30 Boot to BackupMenu.
40 Restore (even) older backup.
50 If still in reboot loop, then goto 10

RUN

Oh, if it still reboot-cycles after clean flash, go see Nokia Care.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

The Following User Says Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Thanks. Flashing with the stock firmware, then installing Backupmenu to restore the same rootfs and optfs as before (but subsequently, not simultaneously like I did before) solved my problem. I don't really know why it did not work the first time.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2011-05-08 at 18:48.

Many people are interested in backupmenu-multiboot combination - i asked mido.fayad (creator of backupmenu-multiboot merging package) about possible new version, and he confirmed that he is still interested in bringing us new version - promised to look at it in few days, after his exams.

I think that this info is worth to push here Keeping my thumbs for it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Many people are interested in backupmenu-multiboot combination - i asked mido.fayad (creator of backupmenu-multiboot merging package) about possible new version, and he confirmed that he is still interested in bringing us new version - promised to look at it in few days, after his exams.

I think that this info is worth to push here Keeping my thumbs for it.
thanks for the info.. was really looking forward to it..

hey my phone is gonna go on warranty and i think they're gonna flash it. i need all the applications, contacts, settings etc on my phone back when it comes so that it becomes the way it was before flashing. can u please help me with the instructions? like how can i backup? how can i store it in my computer ( the entire backup) and how can i restore it back? sorry fo r any inconvenience.
help would be appreciated.
thank you

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
What I wrote in the other threads still applies.

Tags
backup, backupmenu, cssusupplement, max(useful), rescue-console, restore, system