Active Topics

it would be great to have an app that allows to connect 2 bluetoothheadsets to the n900 so that 2 persons can talk with each other through the headsets.
This would be great e.g. for talking with your pillion passanger on motorbike.
Some bluetooth headsets take long distances so you might even talk to a person on an other motorbike or an other car (good for driving school).

Also there are a lot of functions that would make such an app even more usefull:
-possibility to connect more than 2 headsets
-the option that the headsets are generaly muted and only send signals when sound is over a (adjustable) level. So there would not always be noise of the airstream
-listening to music (also good when jogging so that all people can here the same)
-navi on n900 sends announcements to one or all of the headsets
-(de-)activating functions by voice-order

-Phone Calls (chooseable wheter functions are for all or only for one headset):
incomming call is accepted after short time of ringing or can be accepted by voice-order

I'm sure there are functions that would make such an app even more usefull and i'm interested in hearing your ideas.
Also there might be other fields to use this app.

I am not able to create such an app but hope to find someone that sees that many people may like this and creates the app.

Maybe the Mainfunction (connect 2 Bluetooth headsets to talk with each other, without the other functions) isn't much work? I dont know at all...

no one got an idea?

As a motorbike rider im also interested in something similar but using a wired connection.

Out of the box my N95 does what my N900 cant which is extremely frustrating, especially as i haven't the time or skills to programme and im reliant on the community to develop apps.

2 things i really need for work from my N900 whilst riding my motorbike

- Auto answer
- speech navigation.

Auto answer has been available on Nokia's for years and suddenly it gets withdrawn from this model In future i will look more closely at the feature set of the phone when im considering my needs and take it as a lesson in assumptions..........

I did create a post a while back (auto answer) but i had no response.

another plus 1 for this, would be great not having to fork out over £100 for linked bike system .

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Czech Republic
Well such functionality already have other products, developed for this purpose ( like CellularLine Interphone F4 ). If you prefer bluetooth connection, this is even better ( no need for a phone for communication with pasenger / other motorcycle nearby ).
I/m not sure I want to have 2 "headsets" connected to N900 via bluetooth in one time....in case of my private phone call, voice navigation probably my passenger would be disturbed for no reason , hearing everything.
Noise cancellation probably could be problem also :/

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Bahrain
the idea is there, and I agree, I was also going to propose voice activiated call swap!

btw, the idea is if (headset==1) #####"1" is a boolean value which means "true"####

answer after 10 secs;

here is a start, just someone develop it please

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Perth, WA, Australia
Sorry for the thread necromancy, but having just gotten my bike license i'd be interested in this. Either bluetooth or wired headset (or possibly both, since my phone would be in my pocket, so a wired headset would be ok, but a pillion or other bike might have bluetooth.) would be great. Not sure if voice commands would work, though, i've been looking at that lately and it seems a very large separate project.

Has anyone pursued this sort of thing? I'd rather use my N900 with a wired or relatively cheap generic bluetooth headset than spend $200+ for a motorcycle bluetooth headset.

Of course i can't directly contribute to this, since i have no code-fu belts, but i can offer moral support! hahaha

At first it would be great to have at least an "Auto Answer" function. So that I can use a wired headset on the moto...
I got a 3,5mm 4pol plug on my headset and would just use an extensioncable to connect it to the n900.
But I can't find an extension cable with "answer" button...

Originally Posted by BobbyKa View Post
At first it would be great to have at least an "Auto Answer" function. So that I can use a wired headset on the moto...
I got a 3,5mm 4pol plug on my headset and would just use an extensioncable to connect it to the n900.
But I can't find an extension cable with "answer" button...
auto answer is a feature of 'profilesx', now there is no need to be fumbling about with buttons as you ride trying to answer a call

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 486 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, England
Morning all...
Sorry for the slight OT but It may be of interest to you...just to say that I've been using this (see link) for my motorcycle gps needs for the last 2 years now, in London. I've used it with both a Tomtom and the N900 and can thoroughly reccomend.

http://www.givi.co.uk/Accessories-fo...cessories/S850

Bought off ebay for about half rrp...

Dan