Active Topics

Hello guys.
Some time ago I programmed a software to send sms from you pc for my Nokia XPM 5800. But I buyed a n900 a half year ago or so and now I cant use the symbian-application any more.
Here is a picture of the server which runs on windows.

Edit{: the main interface has changed a little bit. It shows the local device IP's and the connected clients (more than one is possible)

}

I want to get a port to N900 but I'm not an advanced coder in qt and so I ask you who likes to develop the client-side of this application. (or even try :>)

The server listens on the port 4007 for clients which connect to it and send/receive strings.
The grammar for the strings is like this :

incoming sms:
Code:
<Message>+4917851234<#>Testsms</Message>
outgoing sms:
Code:
<Message>+49178291521;+14315123<#>Testsms</Message>
(when sending you can select more than one recipient)
Trigger phonebooksending from pc: <SendPhoneBook>

Sending phonebook entries from phone to pc:
Code:
<PhoneBook><Contact>+49123456789<#>Max<#>Mustermann</Contact><Contact>0123566789<#>Lieschen<#>Müller</Contact></PhoneBook>
Please get in contact with me if someone is interested in coding the client (maybe in qt? Then it may be possible to run it on android too?)

btw there was somebody who wanted this function last year. So this might be a cool solution as my interface for windows is looking cool and it would be easy to use

Last edited by Pinatz; 2011-06-16 at 09:20.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pinatz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
IIRC, you can use DBus to control the thing.

Hack together a GUI that sends commands over SSH and you might have a winner.

you could also use a simple gui to utilise this: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...t=ssh+commands

same idea as above but maybe more simple? not sure how you would display contacts. is there a file in which contacts are listed? could just read that over ssh.

EDIT: to get contacts i guess you would use this http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/...dress_Book_API

Last edited by randomdood; 2011-06-18 at 17:36.

@Hurrian
There is no function to do an action when a sms is received. New arrived sms should be send to the computer over a netsocket.

In Symbian m-shell I used this for sending it to the server.
Code:
smsid=sms.receive(0);
print "Getting text";
sms=sms.get(smsid);
if sms[1]#null then
	print "Trying to transfer to PC";
	io.writeln(s,"<Message>" + sms[0] + "<#>"+encoding.toutf8(sms[1])+"</Message>"); 
	print sms[1] + " from " + sms[0] + " sent to PC";
	sms.set(smsid, ["unread":false]);
end;
And for receiving from the server
Code:
text = io.readln(s);
print "Got a stream : " + text ;
if text = "<SendPhoneBook>" then	
	Telefonbuch(s,serverrunning);
end;
A GUI would be easily made with the QT Creator of nokia I think as there just have to be some textfields for IP of the server and maybe restriction settings.

@randomdood
The local phonebook-gsm-contacts would be read out of the device and send to the computer. There the entrys will be displayed to be selected when writing a new sms from your computer.