Active Topics

This reminds me of the linux on eeepc in 2007.
When the first eeepc came out it was a one of a kind laptop - small and cheap, and you could only get it with linux on it. I had high hopes for that thing, thinking that if people will be forced to try linux, they will like it and want it on all their computers. But then m$ put some xp on it and that was the death of the linux version. Given a choice, windows users choose windows.
I once stood in a line and the officer had a problem with her windows. I told the woman next to me "with linux that would never have happend" she said "linux, I tried firefox once but I didn't like it".
firefox.
That's as far as she would go out of the M$ cocoon.
Most people don't know what is an OS, what is flash player, what is ram. They see two similar phones, one has Windows logo on it, the other is, something else.
Guess what they'll choose.

The Following User Says Thank You to uppercase For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
I think this model is not called N9 but it will be called W9 hahah

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
During the video you can hear hand clapping from time to time (each time Elop says something smart). But if you watch the video, you can see that the front raw is not clapping at all.

Also, there is a previous event where Maemo team has demonstrated their device. That was cut out.

The guy who presented the WF7, did not sound too reassured.

My guess is that the mood within company is pretty grim now, in fact much grimmer than in February. I've got a distinctive feeling, that he has created situation where both team members and external audience would have a hope that the device will succeed.

Then he pretty much extinguished that hope.

Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
British Airways flights details ???????????? give me a break, was he presenting to school kids, everyone knows you can program it for any Linux device and for Nokia specifically I cant see a reason why it cant be done in Qt.

N9 Meego version looked far better, I am confused at the windows screen, there is a flickering and animated xbox and part of screen is doing something (i think playing video ) in the middle and squares around it, that is a silly layout. HTC does much better job in splitting the screens with currently playing app and showing other buttons.

New picture of N9 Windows version?

http://nokiagadgets.com/?p=1935

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
New picture of N9 Windows version?

http://nokiagadgets.com/?p=1935
So they made the WP7 keys into softkeys. Awesome Nokia differentiation! /s

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrojas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
This square crap UI is so hideously ugly.
I already hate it on my xboxes with a passion....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to casketizer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Something pretty horrible if true said by dsmobile. He has proven himself many times over at MR forums. Newest being this Windows phone being clone of Nokia's nonqwerty MeeGo phone said 2 months ago.

It would make kind of sense as of why the release date was not given for phone that looks ready.
That would also go great lengths to show how deep the grip MS has on Nokia. Samsung, HTC and others can release Android and WP7 Phones, but Nokia can't even be allowed to release the N9 before their WP7 phones are ready.

Those rumors about MS buying Nokia seems more and more solid as days passes.

Its pretty obvious Sea Ray was leaked as soon as Nokia realized the huge wave of enthusiasm that the N9 generated (remember Vlad's editorial on Engadget?). Can't have MeeGo threathen WP!

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrojas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by zymo View Post
It looks like a N9, it feels like a N9 but it doesn’t run MeeGo!!

http://www.technet.hu/telefon/201106...dowsos_nokiat/

This a real marketing disaster for Nokia!
OMG! its doesnt have HWKBD!

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on May 2010 @ France
hmm maybe this pic above is a photoshop ^^

The Following User Says Thank You to dtergens For This Useful Post: