Whenever I try to download or update packages I get this error:
(the same error appeared with the normal app manager too)

I attached the log in a txt file, but it seems the returns didn't appear in it... I think the error is towards the end of the txt file. Help would be much appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: txt error update.txt (6.7 KB, 116 views)

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
You need rootsh from extras repository installed:
Code:
sudo gainroot
dpkg --clear-avail
apt-get update
Please post any errors here.

The Following User Says Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Here's what I got after the apt get.

My applications updated Thanks!

I can't seem to remove these apps though:
(the two edje demo applications)

Also is there a way to stop the n900 checking for application updates when it connects to the internet?

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
First screenshot: It is just a warning, the distribution is wrong for one of your repositories, you might want to edit it.
Second screenshot: Remove edje0-bin or libedje-bin, or both, to pull the edje applications, BUT read carefully through the list not to remove any essential piece of your system!
For suppressing the updates of HAM, i probably took the gutsiest approach and removed all of the repositories, and just use apt-get and FasterApplicationManager.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
For suppressing the updates of HAM, i probably took the gutsiest approach and removed all of the repositories, and just use apt-get and FasterApplicationManager.
If you're disabling/removing the repositories in App Manager, then you'll need to use fapt-get instead of apt-get as well (as apt-get uses the same repository list as App Manager).

The other option is to alter the update frequency for App manager - I can't remember the exact command to use but you should be able to find it via "Power Search" on the right.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post: