Active Topics

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Elop wants to kick Maemo/MeeGo consumers square in the...

Balmer seems impressed.
On the right current basketball coach and microsoft evangelist Mr. Ballmer
On the left former IHOP chef and former Hilton Hotel bell boy Mr. Elop demonstrating in gesture what's going to happen to your open OS.

What you don't see is off the screen there are two men holding up a large transparent screen in front of them that filters out the images of the angels and devils sitting on their shoulders. Apparently they've both given in to the devils side.

Last edited by aironeous; 2011-06-28 at 06:33.

The Following User Says Thank You to aironeous For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by danramos View Post

Buttons? I don't need no stinking buttons! You see all these fingers I got - I want multi-touch. When I multi touch it, it should multi touch me back. See how I'm all fingerly? Look at em, they're all touchy feely and moving around.

We want our phones to disrupt the user, it should be disruptive. Whether it be disrupting your 401k with falling Nokia stock prices, disrupting your meetings with a phone that freaks out because it has a virus or even disrupting your sleep. Yes that's right we want our phones to crawl up your chest and gently slide open your eye lids to wake you up like momma used to do for me.
It's all about the hands on disruptions that's what were focused on.

[Pssst this is a joke it's not a real quote, I just don't like Elop]

Last edited by aironeous; 2011-06-27 at 23:54.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aironeous For This Useful Post:

Elop: Hey you're that basketball coach
Ballmer: Hey you're that nerdy fat guy that used to get beat up by that girl after school in 4th grade.
[akward silence]
Ballmer: Who told you to destroy Nokia?
Elop: Mom, she's got a lot of MS stock.
Ballmer: Same here, STFU and say Cheese!

pssst this is not a real quote I just don't like these wonder twins

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aironeous For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ P.A.
Alright enough wit the pictures.... What is this, facebook ?

The Following User Says Thank You to scapegoat845 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by scapegoat845 View Post
Alright enough wit the pictures.... What is this, facebook ?
Until you see Elop in Speedos, I'd safely assume it's not Facebook.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 279 | Thanked: 208 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by zwer View Post

What I find the most troublesome with the lack of deskto(p)/widgets are the control widgets (i.e. Media Player) because even tho you can display it on the multitasking view, you still can't interact with it without focusing the app, making the process longer and tedious. We need an UI/UX guru to figure a replacement for that one...
I would imagine media controls would/ could be on the notifications pane, at the top when active.

The Following User Says Thank You to dansus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
I was thinking in a broad sense, not just the Media Player widget but other controlling widgets - interactive widgets that are not there only to show some data or launch some app - as well. The notifications/events panel would get pretty crowded pretty fast if we are to push all the possible `controllers` there.

I take it that there is no better way than multiple desktops with widgets for that particular problem, but the question is - are we willing to forgo those? Of course, if some UI/UX genius can come up with a better solution, I'd bet the guys from the `swipe` team would be willing to listen.

The Following User Says Thank You to zwer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
How about in the pull-down status bar ? It's available everywhere or quicklaunch bar with one row for mediacontrol

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kozzi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by zymo View Post
update FMRXTX:
http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=3598&page=31
On the same page there is information that categories (not even private entries) are still not supported by the calendar. ARGH. This is the single one thing that disturbs me each and every day with N900. "Private calendars on device" are just useless for this purpose (because you can't sync them to shared calendar).

I bet that the calendar database on N9 still has the possibility to handle the private entries like the N900 one has but you still just miss the frontend to set the private tag because the designer decided that it would be "confusing" or "overkill" or something like that.

Ah, screw it. I will get one N9 anyway. And maybe one for the wife too.

Last edited by OVK; 2011-06-28 at 12:56.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by zymo View Post
update FMRXTX:
http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=3598&page=31
Final update FMRXTX
http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?p=23761#post23761

Assuming this guy's giving us the right info.
I imagine he's in direct contact with devs/engineers knowledgeable in that area.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-06-28 at 06:53.

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????