Active Topics

You should stay for all the women you meet in this community.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to cortek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 116 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by cortek View Post
You should stay for all the women you meet in this community.
Indeed, I've had to kick and push away the most awful ones, you just have to prepare yourself to do that if you choose to stay.

Posts: 315 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Montreal, canada

Originally Posted by robert485 View Post
i cant honestly say im prepared to sign a two year contract with a phone that will; stop being worked on in less than a year. (officially anyway) and will have a laughable amount of apps throughout its lifespan.
If amount of apps is the main concern, try and figure out what was it that ever made you come here. Maybe then you'll know whether to leave too.

Originally Posted by blipnl View Post
If you want to go Android for the apps, you should consider that the n9 will probably support Android apps via Alien Dalvik. But this is not a fact yet, it's a wait and see. Personally, I value community support well over official support but whatever suits you best..
i did read about that, and since i'm not upgrading for a while that is certainly something to think about. thanks

Originally Posted by Den in USA View Post
Your "1 post" and "joined June 2011" says it all!
ive been a member for a yeah and a half with a different username.
i check the news feeds and the forum every day.

its comments like that, and people like you that have prevented me from posting in the the past. ***!!

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by blipnl View Post
If you want to go Android for the apps, you should consider that the n9 will probably support Android apps via Alien Dalvik. But this is not a fact yet, it's a wait and see. Personally, I value community support well over official support but whatever suits you best..
This isn't a reason to go to an N9. It's barely even a rumor and it's certainly not promised in any way. It would be fantastic, if it did, but I wouldn't buy something on a promise of a feature or for support from Nokia, not with their track record.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
by the way. This is the only community i have been part of and its brilliant how much work and effort gets but into it. Im not trying to annoy anyone and the apps ive downloaded in the past have been brilliant.

i just want the build quality of nokia, the support android has and the community that maemo.org presents. (apart from the few that spoil it)

too much to ask?

thanks to those that responded constructively

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
We don't care if you stay; at least I don't.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
I have never understood these post! If you feel that this device is not for you then move along, Why do you want to be persuaded either way of its pitfalls or benefits.

You own one you are the only one that knows if it meets your needs, not some guy or gal in another continent!!!!!

But if you feel the need to reassured fair enough, each to their own!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jigzy For This Useful Post:

Tags
buysomethinelse, dan the troll, dont feed troll, goodbye nokia, just shoot me, take dan with u