Active Topics

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
Would love it if it is available by the end of this month,
I cancelled T-Mobile USA and went prepaid which serves the 3G in my area but N900 is stuck in EDGE due to N900 not supporting the the necessary band for my service.

hey what happened to your "where is N9 Elop said it in 2011" thread?
It's right here:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=67724

It's Closed. I lost it when I realised they ****** up the keyboard!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2011-07-02 at 18:53.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
I don't really believe that September rumor as that info comes from one carrier in Sweden and they even say it's a estimate and i doubt one carrier in the he world would have solid enough info to put it up there while nobody else doesn't.
There was at least 2 Nordic carriers mentioned for that time, & I've seen others talk about seeing it on German carrier sites for that time.
Plus there's quite a few retailers now offering pre-orders, although none seem to offer explicit dates yet

Well end of Sept. is certainly a lot more believable than end of Nov.
There's no way it shouldn't available by end of Sept. to at least 1-2 countries
If it's not, I'm going to start buying into the Elop conspiracy theories

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-07-03 at 07:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Is there any kind of Data counter / Monitor available?
Yes, in this image. Although that doesn't mean it'll be in the release image.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
There was at least 2 Nordic carriers mentioned for that time, & I've seen others talk about seeing it on German carrier sites for that time.
Plus there's quite a few retailers now offering pre-orders, although none seem to offer explicit dates yet
Only thing i have seen has been the Swedish 3 showing it's estimate and as blogs picked it up it has been quoted all around, that's internet for you.
If you have links for some carrier or stores showing that date i'm all ears.

Well end of Sept. is certainly a lot more believable than end of Nov.
There's no way it shouldn't available by end of Sept. to at least 1-2 countries
If it's not, I'm gong to start buying into the Elop conspiracy theories
Yeah i don't believe that November either. As far as i'm concerned if it goes that late what Dsmobile said might just be true.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Only thing i have seen has been the Swedish 3 showing it's estimate and as blogs picked it up it has been quoted all around, that's internet for you.
If you have links for some carrier or stores showing that date i'm all ears.
CBF'd now, def. read it.

Yeah i don't believe that November either. As far as i'm concerned if it goes that late what Dsmobile said might just be true.
Yeah I never believed that for one minute, end of Sept is already very late as is.

If it has a chance to sell well (at least compared to N900!) it doesn't make sense to artificially delay.
Nokia needs all the positive news/reviews/exposure it can get...
If they can leverage the positive news of N9 towards a positive launch for WP7, why not!?!

Most users don't know the difference between Harmatten/Meego/WP7 etc.
All they'll hear is the N9's Nokia's new hotness, & that can only serve to advertise WP7 for Nokia.

If it doesn't get released till end of Nov, then I'll start buying into dsmobile's crazy talk.
As I can't see any other reason why it'd need to be release "that" late...

If it's not out till the WP7 phones are out, then I'm done with Nokia, kaput.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-07-02 at 19:47.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Is there any kind of Data counter / Monitor available? Would be nice if that could be seen in the notifications area.
As someone from Harmattan Ui team ( don't know the correct term) in this video said about the multitask to replace widgets. I kind of like this idea of having the Data Monitor interface to be simple and nice enough to leave running in Multitask view and I think Logs already record the traffic in background don't know if it differentiate the use of WLAN and 3G.

If it doesn't get released till end of Nov, then I'll start buying into dsmobile's crazy talk.

If what dsmobile said is true then my interest in buying another Nokia product is gone. Perhaps Pre could be a nice candidate among all those android phones, when it comes to Finland.

Last edited by Kozzi; 2011-07-02 at 20:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kozzi For This Useful Post:
@Jaffa or anyone else who has received a N950 already: does your dmesg output match the syslog on http://wiki.maemo.org/Nokia_N950_Hardware_Misc? I'm a bit puzzled/concerned by this:

Code:
Jan  1 04:00:01 (none) kernel: [    0.000000] Memory: 490MB 2MB = 492MB total
whereas I thought it was supposed to come with 1GB like the N9 (RAM isn't mentioned in the firmware release notes).

At least I hope they are not using this:

Code:
Jan  1 04:00:08 (none) kernel: [   15.327514] ramzswap: Memory limit set to 65536 kB
Jan  1 04:00:08 (none) kernel: [   15.327514] ramzswap: Using backing swap device: /dev/mapper/encswap
Jan  1 04:00:08 (none) kernel: [   15.352386] Adding 466552k swap on /dev/ramzswap0.  Priority:-1 extents:1 across:466552k
to justify calling it a 1GB device. Technically it's still RAM and it may be able to hold up to 1GB, but that would be stretching it a lot even for Nokia.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
If that is the case for the n9 its really lame...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Confederatio Helvetica
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Technically it's still RAM and it may be able to hold up to 1GB, but that would be stretching it a lot even for Nokia.
No, that's not RAM, even technically. Advertising swap space as RAM would be ridiculous, I don't think that's possible.

The Following User Says Thank You to rentze For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
CBF'd now, def. read it.

Yeah I never believed that for one minute, end of Sept is already very late as is.

If it has a chance to sell well (at least compared to N900!) it doesn't make sense to artificially delay.
Nokia needs all the positive news/reviews/exposure it can get...
If they can leverage the positive news of N9 towards a positive launch for WP7, why not!?!

Most users don't know the difference between Harmatten/Meego/WP7 etc.
All they'll hear is the N9's Nokia's new hotness, & that can only serve to advertise WP7 for Nokia.

well your reaction is probadly exactly what Elop want to happen.
Perfect way to kill Meego. Fully announce WPsucks and N9 at the same time.

and the entusiasts who wants N9 to success will be few the rest buys MrFlop ******** talks: "ohh N9 was not ready until now but see what we have a nice WPcock phone instead. Now lets forget . about N9 it will not have longtime support anyway cause my boss Ballmer will help us to kill Meego ASAP"

bigfail

I hope the rumors are false. Or atleast released in sweden in september as they said...

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-07-02 at 22:57.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????