omg update.

*glasses on*

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
I've already flashed my N900 4 times today trying to get this v48 to work. No go. I cbf flashing my eMMC coz I got too many files I need to back up from it. So now I've just reinstalled v47 via FAM. I'll wait till Pali confirms that this works or when it comes up on the devel repo's.

Last edited by jakiman; 2011-07-10 at 07:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Peterborough, UK
Please note that only the compcache notify patch is present in v48, not the zram and ramzswap modules or config script.. patience..

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tigerite For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by F2thaK View Post
only reason I asked for you to work on it in this thread was you said "whats next?" and suggested the portrait desktop in this thread
First off, are you sure you're not confusing me with pali? Because I don't remember asking people 'what's next' in this thread. N(I wouldn't have - I don't understand kernel details enough to be involved in this project. Now, someone else surely did, I can easily believe that. But the point is I wasn't the one who asked so, so the above doesn't exactly apply.

At any rate, my point was that porttrait desktop is unrelated to the kernel. I suppose I was a bit harsher than appropriate, but the central point is still sound.

I found stupid problem with -dirty kernel suffix (only happened when compiling from git repository). Now I recompiling v48 again.

If somebody has problem that cannot boot v48, it is needed to flash only nokia stock kernel via flasher.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 536 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Russia
hey when is this going to be available in extras-devel as an update to kernel 47?
thanks

If it will be stable and tested

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
no. wait. I found another problem witch madde (I do not have scratchbox), but now it is compiling...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
yeh I saw the date or kernel was still 9/7/11. kinda figured it wasnt fixed yet. THANKS

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
is it stable?shud i update it?how to update? if its not stable then plzz tell me cz i hav to flash it den.and it takes a lot of money to flash cz i dunno hw to do that...kernel what are the basic advantages?can we play mkv files and 720p record video and playback?

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou