Active Topics

Dean, I reckon 18-24 months is a fair guess but I don't think it was by design. I think the build quality of the phone is just so bad 18-24 months is the most you could expect from it...

Update: Nokia gave me an N8 instead of repairing my N900. Fairly happy.

Last edited by danielz000; 2011-07-22 at 11:29.

Originally Posted by abhirajsoni View Post
did they give you warranty for your new replacemet?
Just spoke to them & they're transferring the warranty from my N900 to the E7. The warranty info is supposed to be in the docs they're sending with the E7.

From what i've been told, I'm guessing that if I have 6 months left on my N900, they'll transfer those remaining months to the E7.

I'm definitely not happy with have a 6 month warranty on an untested phone... that's if my assumption is correct?

I'll have to wait & see the wording of the docs they send next week before I can lodge a complaint though.

Anyone have any thoughts regarding this?

Posts: 298 | Thanked: 341 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ This world :)
N8 -> Great camera, crap phone . Not sure why I am having so much trouble with mine, but it is not responsive enough.

Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
Sell E7 as new.
Then either:
- Buy N900 or
- Wait and buy N9
ditto !!

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJE_Sc1Wags

imo big companies are big companies. Things you are suggesting could be done with small companies where you can negotiate straight with the guy responsible for the whole thing but when the level of bureocracy increases to the point that there must be at least 4 managers behind your case and only then they say to their foreman that "hey, could we ..". If not, you get the regular "unfortunately we can not do that, but we can offer ... instead" -phrase.

as with receiving N950 instead, take the song above and put it to infinite repeat. N9 could may be possible but then you have to wait.
Well, I rather just wait and see what happens.

I thought as well I couldn't get my Kindle replaced on Amazon and three hours ago they confirmed they're sending me another one.

+1 for Amazon and I'll probably be buying more stuff from them.

Who says Nokia doesn't surprise me and find a solution? maybe they just find an N900 and I got my replacement the only problem would have been to have used an E7 for 2-3 three weeks. I can live with that....

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
What is this 'telephony disabled' error you speak of dean? Is it fatal?

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Dean_uk View Post
Just spoke to them & they're transferring the warranty from my N900 to the E7. The warranty info is supposed to be in the docs they're sending with the E7.

From what i've been told, I'm guessing that if I have 6 months left on my N900, they'll transfer those remaining months to the E7.

I'm definitely not happy with have a 6 month warranty on an untested phone... that's if my assumption is correct?

I'll have to wait & see the wording of the docs they send next week before I can lodge a complaint though.

Anyone have any thoughts regarding this?
In almost all of my experiences with various companies, the warranty replacement will always inherit the warranty remaining of the original product.

However, when I sent my N900 (1 year warranty left) to be put to sleep, they sent me an unopened E7 box with the full 24 month warranty (which I'm now exchanging elsewhere for an unused N900 with 24 month warranty <3).

Since they gave me a 24 month warranty for the E7, perhaps you should pester them more and try to get the full (or at least longer) warranty for your E7? All customers should be equal etc.

Originally Posted by StefanL View Post
N8 -> Great camera, crap phone . Not sure why I am having so much trouble with mine, but it is not responsive enough.
i got sent an n8 yesterday, same problem thats its not responsive. its because it capacative, happens on androids too. its the way you hold the phone, if youre touching the screen or even close to it it wont register the touch.
crap phone good camera like someone said. glad i bought another n900 when the last broke.

Posts: 353 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India
So after having long discussions with Nokia support..and after a month wait...some bashing on twitter... They called me today and said HQ has agreed to FOC repair
Free of cost... now i am wondering whether i'll get my n900 fixed? or another phone? .....

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by arora.rohan View Post
So after having long discussions with Nokia support..and after a month wait...some bashing on twitter... They called me today and said HQ has agreed to FOC repair
Free of cost... now i am wondering whether i'll get my n900 fixed? or another phone? .....
Good news that is!