Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
problem is todays MicroNokia board doesnt give a **** if they fail in Q3 too Q3 will also fail cause they stupid enought too "wait" release n9 until end of september. What the hell is wrong with the fuucking board!? are they totally blind or what!? Iphone soon coomming if they smart the release n9 right NOW!

but no I see only one reason to wait: that means first in q4 it will be better and when they give us the report in q1 2011 it may look it was "because wp was released in some countrys end of 2011" that way it :LOOKS like it is WP that "saves" Nokia even if N9 could have a chance to sell even better if it was release right now!

I am sure N9 is already ready for release but theyre waiting

but still.I cant see a better device for my needs but sick of waiting. I
They have developed the N9 in record time. Lots of novelty there: The UI is revolutionary, the polycarbonate design is revolutionary etc etc. And you are crying about Nokia being late? I assure you, Nokia is also crying and working their asses of to get that phone out there.

Originally Posted by daperl View Post
If you're really serious, maybe you should take a break. Say, 18 months? Nah, let's make it 36; you deserve it.
Nice of you to care for me Or was it sarcasm? But to be honest, it doesn't really suit you either way. So I will be nice to you and advice you to crawl back into your true self.

Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
They have developed the N9 in record time. Lots of novelty there: The UI is revolutionary, the polycarbonate design is revolutionary etc etc. And you are crying about Nokia being late? I assure you, Nokia is also crying and working their asses of to get that phone out there.
It seems NOKIA are not releasing the N9 in many countries that have traditionally been strong markets for them (UK, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Belgium, Norway, the Netherlands,...) it's not even being released in the USA which is supposed to be the market they are so keen to crack.

You can check N9 availability here: http://europe.nokia.com/find-product...k-availability

So much for "working their asses of to get that phone out there", more like deliberately limiting supply lest it should prove more popular than WP7.

The Following User Says Thank You to switch-hitter For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
It seems NOKIA are not releasing the N9 in many countries that have traditionally been strong markets for them (UK, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Belgium, Norway, the Netherlands,...) it's not even being released in the USA which is supposed to be the market they are so keen to crack.

You can check N9 availability here: http://europe.nokia.com/find-product...k-availability

So much for "working their asses of to get that phone out there", more like deliberately limiting supply lest it should prove more popular than WP7.
Yawn. You are totally wrong. Your facts are wrong and your intentions are wrong. I am too fed up with all this ignorant bull to explain any further.

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Yawn. You are totally wrong. Your facts are wrong and your intentions are wrong. I am too fed up with all this ignorant bull to explain any further.
The forum is full of preElop Nokia reactionaries. Instead of supporting Nokia thru difficult changes, they glorify the past and forget the fiscal realities.......

Oh how could I possibly fail to be persuaded by your 'explanations'? I fully accept now I MUST be an 'ignorant' 'idiot' who's full of 'bull'. Heck, you're so brilliant you even know what my 'intentions' are.

Such eloquence, such clarity of thought... Wow, you're amazing!

The Following User Says Thank You to switch-hitter For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Then what is right? Stating opinion like it's fact and using the bold tag doesn't quite qualify your statements.

Simply stated, put up or shut up.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 87 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Southern California
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
You have to give Elop 3 years before you judge him. He inherited a company in disarray, sort of like Obama cleaning up after Bush. And just like a Tea Party fundamentalists are trying to undo Obama efforts, there will be NOKIA dead wood obstructing and criticizing Elop plans.
Probably a pretty good analogy, though not how you intended.

Symbian still plodding along like Frankenstein. Gitmo still open. Nokia market share continuing to decline. Unemployment getting worse. Nokia still announcing stuff and not coming out with it for a year. Still crap loads of troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, and hey let's bring "Kinetic Military Action" to Libya, except no need to bother getting Congress to approve it first. Etc etc. Elop is OPK2!

The Following User Says Thank You to Uxi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
...or to put it another way, "They rushed it out--possibly prematurely... let's hope the ports don't fall out again."

Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post

Sometimes, the weak bully knows he can only pick on the other bullies in his own territory. To their credit, this might at least help them lessen the weakening of their brand SOMEWHERE in the world, even while consumers in the major markets begin to react to the name "Nokia" with "Oh wow.. I remember them!" and "Isn't that those cheap pay-as-you-go phones?" *shrug* I'm not sure what Nokia can do anymore to help themselves without yet another drastic change of strategy to undo some of Elop's decisions.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
did I say N9 was bad!? I did say the board opinions is just plain stupid! Fire those asholes right away! they dont have a clue how they can compete with Android/Iphone they think the solutuins is to go closed and wp7 only in european/us so stupid...

if they did innstead go out and say. "we will also continue investment in Meego also for those who prefer it" they could have got alot more intrests in this device! Instead MrFlop continue his FUD and ******** and wait release until end of q3 and also not release qwery for the geeks. Personally I would go for n9 even if geek. but as we have seen in the forum people want n950 to so why not also release this atleast english qwerty.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:

Tags
balmer was here, e6 rox, elop rox, elop snopp, elop's fool, the elop flop