Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
I noticed one bug/problem in Latitude update rate when I have Sygic Mobile Map (9 or10) running and Zaploc in background. Normally update rate is at least every hour or every 30min, but as soon as navigation program is running and phone is moving (location is changed), Latitude update rate is changed to 2-3min. If phone stays in same place, then update rate is normal (60/30min).

Update rate will change back to normal as soon as Mobile Maps is closed. I haven't tested if there is similar issue with Ovi Maps, but I'll tests that too.

EDIT:
It seems that update rate has no link to navigation software, but for some unknown reason Zaploc sometimes updates locations too often. I need to do some logging if that will give some hints.

Last edited by Gusse; 2011-07-29 at 17:52.

great app!
downloaded and installed fine... had a blue box icon for a few mins and then changed to a Z. worked perfectly and easy to set up, super fast scrolling! zuum!
however.. a few hours later it stopped working. wont launch. clicking the icon it opens a screen, the throbber throbs for about 10-15 seconds and then it clean exits back to the desktop.
running it from the terminal it says it needs httplib2 to be installed and lists a bunch of failures. oddly i hadnt made any changes to my N900 between it working and not.

Hi guys, great program
Zap master , i have a suggestion and a featurerequest if possible .

1) Could you put a button in the main screen to set 'auto update latitude' while the program is running ? If i am on a trip (driving) and i want update my status, i dont want have to set the background updates ON because i can forget to turn it off after the trip. This button would be disabled by default.

2) could you make an option to the daemon updates when connection is available ? Since i set my n900 to connect every 30 minutes and stay connected for about 1minute, zaplock would use this timeframe to make its update instead of try to connect or 'hope' there is a connection.

Sorry if i asked something dump, still reading about this program.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Poland
I have problem with this amazing program. had to change fb password and now can't connect to fb places. when I tap attached services settings it tries to conect to fb account but can't do that so refreshing is over and over and over. I tried to uninstall and install agaun but with no better result. what can I do to fix it with fb account?

I tried install the app. 2/3 of instalead and A message that has failed installation. There was the icon of program, but they didn't worked, only a black screen.

Can you help me?

Hi again,

I've been suffering from a bug with ZapLoc lately, apparently related to unicode characters (e.g. umlauts) in the name of the auto check-in location.

The daemon prints out an error message (see below), and then apparently continues working correctly but in fact doesn't continue to update latitude or do auto check-ins.

Kind of annoying, since I have to restart the daemon after every check-in to such a place.

Any thoughts?

-morti

Code:
  We are checking in at <name with umlaut>! 
08:47:57: Connection is up - Good! 
Checking in to FourSquare, twitter=0, facebook=0 
Traceback (most recent call last): 
  File "/opt/zaploc/app/zdaemon.py", line 524, in restart_gpsd 
  File "/opt/zaploc/app/zdaemon.py", line 424, in update_loc 
  File "/opt/zaploc/app/zdaemon.py", line 318, in push 
  File "/opt/zaploc/app/zbrowse.py", line 31, in notification 
  File "system_note.pyx", line 30, in osso.system_note.SystemNote.system_note_infoprint (osso/system_note.c:1502) 
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe4' in position 55: ordinal not in range(128)

Is there Harmattan version?

Hi everybody - long time no see. Have been... busy.... and ZapLoc seems to be working well for most people too

Originally Posted by njsf View Post
If one removes the /home/user/.zaploc directory, apparently some other configuration breadcrumbs are left that lead to Zaploc not to recreate it and then authorizing services does not proceed after the browser window states it can be closed.

If one then creates /home/user/.zaploc directory manually, all works well.
Right, the app assumes the install creates the directory and doesn't attemp to re-create it.

/Z

Originally Posted by mr_jrt View Post
Don't suppose you know why loads of Facebook places don't show up for me in the program? Case in point somewhere like "Bushey Railway Station"

Additionally, Latitude shows up no icons whatsoever, even for places that have places in Google's database, like this pub.

...any ideas?

Just to be clear. the Latitude functionality is *LATITUDE* only, not any other Google location thing like Google Places or whatever. It is ONLY for telling where you are as a GPS location. There are no icons in Latitude.

Google locations/places/etc. unfrotunately, use completley unrelated API's and the Latitude one is especially peculiar in using it's own login, so it would be a bit of a mess to combine the two [Although latitude recently changed it's loging logic to OAuth2, being until a few weeks ago stuck on the outdated OAuth1 protocol]

Some snowy day I was toying with the thought of ALSO having Google places in there, but it hasn't emerged. So this is not a "bug" it's a "lack of feature" So no, you see no icons in Latitude, coz Latitude has no icons.

(And UNFORTUNATELY, Latitude API doesn't allow you to get friend locations, which I find quite useless and crappy - after all, that is the whole point of Latitude in the 1st place.... *sigh*)

/Z

Last edited by MasterZap; 2011-08-19 at 10:44.

Originally Posted by Gusse View Post
I noticed one bug/problem in Latitude update rate when I have Sygic Mobile Map (9 or10) running and Zaploc in background. Normally update rate is at least every hour or every 30min, but as soon as navigation program is running and phone is moving (location is changed), Latitude update rate is changed to 2-3min. If phone stays in same place, then update rate is normal (60/30min).

Update rate will change back to normal as soon as Mobile Maps is closed. I haven't tested if there is similar issue with Ovi Maps, but I'll tests that too.

EDIT:
It seems that update rate has no link to navigation software, but for some unknown reason Zaploc sometimes updates locations too often. I need to do some logging if that will give some hints.
This is a known "misfeature", in that someone requested that "if I am moving, Latitude should update more often". Well, the logic for that is a tad broken, and there is no setting for *MAXIMUM* frequency.

If another app is polling your GPS frequenty, due to the way GPS callbacks work in Maemo, I get the callbacks even though *I* requested an IN-frequent polling. So my code will have to say "no, ignore this, it's too soon" all the time.

Well, there is a piece of code rejecting "too soon" and it is fixed to 2 minutes (or 5, don't remember right now) which means IF you are running another app at the same time, you may end up w. Latitude updates every 2 minues, which may not be what you want.

I'll try to figure out a way around this, maybe make the "minimum" time settable as well is the easiest workaround.

/Z

The Following User Says Thank You to MasterZap For This Useful Post: