Active Topics

This is more a general linux/GRUB question so I wasn't sure whether to post here or off topic (or another forum entirely). I turn on a lot of remote machines with my N900 and what tends to happen is that I need to access another OS on a multi-boot system. What I currently do is use grub-reboot but that always means I have to wait for my default Linux OS to boot before I can boot into another.

One idea I had was to use Micro Core which is a very small, and fast booting Linux OS from which I can use grub-reboot. Is there any distro that is made specifically for this task? also is there any hack that could get "Splashtop, Express Gate" to do this?

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 293 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Italy
In these cases you should really use a virtualization solution like virtualbox or xen. At least it's what i'd do.

The Following User Says Thank You to admiral0 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by admiral0 View Post
In these cases you should really use a virtualization solution like virtualbox or xen. At least it's what i'd do.
I think that is the best solution, the problem is that I can't with all my machines, it's an always on Atom machine and it does not support virtualization.

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 293 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Italy
1. script the hell out of grub.cfg

2. You can also have a separate /boot partition that is used by all linux distros installed. This way grub-reboot should work.