Hi all.

I have had an N900 for over a year and a half now, and can honestly say it's one of the worst phones I have ever had. I seem to have nothing but problems with it.

About 8 months ago the USB port broke, so not able to connect, or charge (without use of a dock for battery charging, which is what I've been doing). I've put off getting the phone repaired (or replaced with a more rubbish phone by the looks of it from what I've read) because I have lots of photos on my phone which I can't transfer because the socket is knackered. Oh BTW, camera doesn't work any more either. Anyway, today I finally got so sick of it I thought I will try and find a way to upload the pics from the phone wirelessly. NIGHTMARE !!

I have tried ovi share (or something like that) which doesn't seem to work at all. I have also just installed facebook mobile so I can maybe use the photo uploader from that, and guess what .... FAIL !!! When I try to validate the FB account and it tries to connect, I just get a message flashing up "server certificate was not trusted" and given no option to override it or anything.

I am now at my wits end, and wondering if anyone can give me any advice as to how I can reliably get my photos off of this lump of crap and get rid of it !!! Oh, and my wife has an N97 mini ... don't even get me started on that !!! Nokia have been my preferred choice for around 10 - 15 years. No more, and such a shame.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Why not use the phone browser to upload the photos to a storage site, such as megaupload, adrive... or attach them to an email.

You could also insert an external memory card to your phone and transfer the photos to them.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Most of the time certificates aren't valid is because you don't have the date/time set, change them and try again.

The Following User Says Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Thanks for reply mate. Re email, no good as would take around a year or so to attach the 40 images lol. Might go for the memory card option, although that means spending money, and I am a tightwad .. lol. Just tried to do it via megaupload, would take a while too, but may resort to this if I decide not to fork out on at memory card. Thanks again for reply mate.

I don't suppose anyone knows anything about the server certificate issue ?

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Most of the time certificates aren't valid is because you don't have the date/time set, change them and try again.
Good point. My date and time are wrong most of the time, since I got sick of correcting them when removing/inserting the battery after charging on the dock. Thanks mate, will try that !

Have you tried using WinSCP + ssh to transfer your files/docs & pics to your PC?

did u try bluetooth?

tinysmb is your friend - the n900 will show up as a shared folder on your home network.

Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
there's a sync program available that updates your time and date when ever you connect forgot the name at the mo will have a look now though

sync-time-now-widget (manual)
openrdate(automatic)

Last edited by corduroysack; 2011-08-21 at 14:41.

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Germany ...
reliably get my photos off of this lump of crap and get rid of it !!!
- You can send data via the Mail Programm. (send less pictures because of the size)
- copy the picture to the sdhc Card and than via card-reader -> PC
- Install the ssh Server an connect via WinSCP on it.